* nedit on Cygwin
@ 2012-12-20 17:27 Mark Jackson
From: Mark Jackson @ 2012-12-20 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I've used NEdit on Cygwin/X for a couple of years without significant
problems.  Last night I updated to the latest release (it had probably
been a year or more); now when I invoke NEdit (directly or by incanting
nc) it starts, and seems to work OK, however I get the error message
"UTF8 locale not supported." and command line control is not returned to
the shell until the NEdit window is killed.

I see old messages about NEdit not supporting UTF8, but none of them
describe this behavior.

Any suggestions?  (Note that editor preference is a theological issue,
so responses praising whatever editor you happen to worship would not be
helpful.  As Apu Nahasapeemapetilon once said, "Please do not offer my
god a peanut.")

Cygwin/X 1.13.0, NEdit 5.5 (Nov. 18 build), on Windows 7 Home Premium.
Thanks.

      I cannot understand what it means to call a theory beautiful
      if it is not true.  - Niels Bohr

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-12-20 17:27 UTC | newest]