* Re: X11 open gl c++ code does not compile with new cygwin download
@ 2013-11-01 13:33 Wendel Dean Renner
From: Wendel Dean Renner @ 2013-11-01 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

installing libGLU-devel solved that problem and I added it
to my notes for next time.  Thank you.

The program IS working but I had to do one additional thing
that I do not understand why.

I got a popup message saying that the program could
not run because it could not find cygXm-2.dll
In the bin folder of the Xp system computer (where
I had updated my spare hard drive with cygwin about a month
ago) I had two files:
cygwin/bin/cygXm-2.dll
cygwin/bin/cygXm-4.dll

but in the new install on the Windows 7 computer I had only
cygwin/bin/cygXm-4.dll

So I simply copied cygXm-2.dll from the other computer
to the new and my compiled and linked program runs OK.

* Re: X11 open gl c++ code does not compile with new cygwin download
@ 2013-11-01 13:49 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2013-11-01 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Il 11/1/2013 2:33 PM, Wendel Dean Renner ha scritto:
> installing libGLU-devel solved that problem and I added it
> to my notes for next time.  Thank you.
>
> The program IS working but I had to do one additional thing
> that I do not understand why.
>
> I got a popup message saying that the program could
> not run because it could not find cygXm-2.dll
> In the bin folder of the Xp system computer (where
> I had updated my spare hard drive with cygwin about a month
> ago) I had two files:
> cygwin/bin/cygXm-2.dll
> cygwin/bin/cygXm-4.dll
>
> but in the new install on the Windows 7 computer I had only
> cygwin/bin/cygXm-4.dll
>
> So I simply copied cygXm-2.dll from the other computer
> to the new and my compiled and linked program runs OK.

  cygwin/bin/cygXm-2.dll  -> lesstif-0.95

  cygwin/bin/cygXm-4.dll  -> motif-2.3.4-1

* Re: X11 open gl c++ code does not compile with new cygwin download
@ 2014-09-02 12:40     ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2014-09-02 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: tonyswickham

On 01/09/2014 20:42, Tony wrote:
> "For the X11 GL/glu.h, you need to install libGLU-devel and its
> dependencies." How do you install libGLU-devel and its dependencies (on
> Windows 8.1)?
> Thanks.

You use the cygwin setup program to install the libGLU-devel package.

See https://cygwin.com/install.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer

* Re: X11 open gl c++ code does not compile with new cygwin download
@ 2014-09-02  0:45   ` Tony
From: Tony @ 2014-09-02  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

@ 2013-10-31 18:46 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2013-10-31 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On 2013-10-31 12:38, Wendel Dean Renner wrote:
> I downloaded cygwin with X, Open GL, and the g++ compiler four years ago
> on a Windows XP system.  I have now replaced that computer
> with an I7 computer running Windows 7.  I included all the packages
> from my notes before, but I selected the 32 bit version of cygwin.
> Compiling the exact same source code with what I was using before:
>   g++ -c -O -m32 -Wno-deprecated
> I now get the error about the header file glu.h:
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.7.3/../../../../include/w32api/GL/glu.h:68:79:
>
> error: expected `)' before `*' token

For the X11 GL/glu.h, you need to install libGLU-devel and its dependencies.

Yaakov
Cygwin/X

* X11 open gl c++ code does not compile with new cygwin download
@ 2013-10-31 17:38 Wendel Dean Renner
From: Wendel Dean Renner @ 2013-10-31 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I downloaded cygwin with X, Open GL, and the g++ compiler four years ago
on a Windows XP system.  I have now replaced that computer
with an I7 computer running Windows 7.  I included all the packages
from my notes before, but I selected the 32 bit version of cygwin.
Compiling the exact same source code with what I was using before:
  g++ -c -O -m32 -Wno-deprecated
I now get the error about the header file glu.h:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.7.3/../../../../include/w32api/GL/glu.h:68:79:

error: expected `)' before `*' token

I searched the web and your archieve and can find no answer.

I will also mention that on the prior XP system, I had lost the hard dive
about a month ago.   Downloading cygwin etc. to my spare XP hard drive
resulted in all kinds of error messages about the header files when
I tried to compile the same code.
So I tried to simply copy over the cygwn directory a backup from the
crashed drive.  I then ran the cygwin setup to update (not sure why
I did that).  But I was then able to compile and link my program.
I would like to know what is going on rather than continue with trial
and error.  Thankyou to anyone who can respond.