* TrueType rendering configuration?
@ 2012-06-21 17:24 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-06-21 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I've been trying to configure Emacs/X11 so that it would mostly look the
same as Emacs/Win.  To that end, at least on my machine it seems
necessary to override the DPI setting when starting the server (dpi=96)
and then the line heights become the same.  I've been unsuccessful so
far with getting the run width of the characters the same for any
TrueType font: the "regular" shape for most fonts looks like it has been
boldened — indeed, for Consolas the resulting width of the glyphs is
exactly the same as for the "bold" shape, only with much worse hinting.

Is there anything I can do about that vie configuration or is this a
bug in the font rendering engine?  Using Consolas with rxvt renders the
font correctly, so it may have to do with Gtk also.

Regards,
Achim.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-06-21 17:24 UTC | newest]