* Re: ideas on how to debug an X server crash on Windows 8.1 (x64)?
       [not found] <4075.1386724429@freon.franz.com>
@ 2013-12-11  1:27 ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2013-12-11  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: Kevin Layer

On 11/12/2013 01:13, Kevin Layer wrote:
> I forgot to attach my XWin.0.log.  Here it is:

That log doesn't show any signs of a crash.

If you install the xorg-server-debuginfo package, a possibly useful backtrace
should be written to the log after a crash occurs.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer

* Re: ideas on how to debug an X server crash on Windows 8.1 (x64)?
@ 2013-12-11  3:11   ` Kevin Layer
From: Kevin Layer @ 2013-12-11  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Jon, thanks for the reply.

Jon TURNEY wrote:

>> On 11/12/2013 01:13, Kevin Layer wrote:
>> > I forgot to attach my XWin.0.log.  Here it is:
>>
>> That log doesn't show any signs of a crash.
>>
>> If you install the xorg-server-debuginfo package, a possibly useful backtrace
>> should be written to the log after a crash occurs.

OK, done.  And, curiously, the recipe I used 4 times to get the crash
to happen doesn't reproduce it anymore.  Next crash, send the crash
report if there is one.

Kevin