* Re: keyboard problems
@ 2004-01-28 15:30 Kloosterman, Marcel
From: Kloosterman, Marcel @ 2004-01-28 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi Harold,

I just upgraded to XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-43 but the problem is still there ! When I type the 0 (not from numpad) it isn't displayed. When I type the 0 from the NUMPAD it is displayed. Still leaves the e which isn't displayed. And maybe more.....

I think that vmsa uses a different keyboard database. vmsa opened the following file on SUN which is also on my PC (in an other directory) :
	/usr/openwin/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
The files differ. Do you know if I can copy the file from the sun-machine to my PC or the other way ?

Is there a way to block programs to change X-windows settings on my PC ?

With kind regards,

	Marcel Kloosterman

* Re: keyboard problems
@ 2003-12-31  3:32 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-12-31  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Marcel,

Do you have XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-29?  Are the 00 keys generated with
AltGr?  If so, you may benefit from 4.3.0-29.  If not, I'm not sure what
your problem is.

Harold

Kloosterman, Marcel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the newest version of cygwin-xfree with windowmaker and I have the following problem.
>
> When I logon to a Sun unix-system (Solaris 5.8) throug ssh I can type characters normally, but when I start vmsa (Veritas Volume Manager Storage Administrator) and have to type I don't see what I really typed.
> For example: login001 becomes login]]1
> Another exaple:  test becomes tst
>
> When I start it in the background I also have the problem. Within the xterm from which vmsa was initiated the characters are typed as expected.
> I already tried things like xmodmap, but that doesn't work.
>
> Please help !
>

> Met vriendelijke groeten,
>
> 	Marcel Kloosterman
>
>>	Atos Origin PU EIS SDU UNIX OPS 2.1
>>	* (050) 588 07 63
>>	* 06 10756736
>>	*  marcel.kloosterman@atosorigin.com

* keyboard problems
@ 2003-12-30 23:46 Kloosterman, Marcel
From: Kloosterman, Marcel @ 2003-12-30 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi,

I'm using the newest version of cygwin-xfree with windowmaker and I have the following problem.

When I logon to a Sun unix-system (Solaris 5.8) throug ssh I can type characters normally, but when I start vmsa (Veritas Volume Manager Storage Administrator) and have to type I don't see what I really typed.
For example: login001 becomes login]]1
Another exaple:  test becomes tst

When I start it in the background I also have the problem. Within the xterm from which vmsa was initiated the characters are typed as expected.
I already tried things like xmodmap, but that doesn't work.

Please help !

Met vriendelijke groeten,

	Marcel Kloosterman
> 	Atos Origin PU EIS SDU UNIX OPS 2.1
> 	* (050) 588 07 63
> 	* 06 10756736
> 	*  marcel.kloosterman@atosorigin.com

* RE: Keyboard problems
@ 2001-04-19  0:40   ` Pierre Muller
From: Pierre Muller @ 2001-04-19  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

At 18:24 18/04/01 , vous avez écrit:
>Pierre,
>
>I've downloaded the source code for vnc on Windows.  VNC has a pretty clear
>method of dealing with the AltGr key, so I'll be reworking the AltGr
>handling within the next couple of days.

Thats very nice to hear, I hope this will not be too difficult...
don't hesitate to contact me directly if you want that
I test some changes.

>Oh, I should state the AltGr, until now, has not been handled at all;
>therefore, the operational status of AltGr on various computers will be
>completely random.

Thanks for the info!

Pierre Muller
Institut Charles Sadron
6,rue Boussingault
F 67083 STRASBOURG CEDEX (France)
mailto:muller@ics.u-strasbg.fr
Phone : (33)-3-88-41-40-07  Fax : (33)-3-88-41-40-99

* Re: Keyboard problems
@ 2001-04-18 16:04   ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2001-04-18 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

/ "Harold Hunt" <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
| Pierre,
|
| I've downloaded the source code for vnc on Windows.  VNC has a pretty clear
| method of dealing with the AltGr key, so I'll be reworking the AltGr
| handling within the next couple of days.
|
| Oh, I should state the AltGr, until now, has not been handled at all;
| therefore, the operational status of AltGr on various computers will be
| completely random.
|
| Harold

Uhm maybe we should send a keyboard with AltGr to Harold :-) I have
one lying around here with an old DIN-connector.. :-)

I suspect the postage will be more than buying a new.. but ahh well, I
can drop it in the companies mailbin ;-)

Do you have any use for it Harold? (Or anyone else) or should it just
lie here gaher dust?

        /Andy

* Re: Keyboard problems
@ 2001-04-18 10:04   ` Francis VIVAT
From: Francis VIVAT @ 2001-04-18 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harold Hunt, cygwin-xfree

Hi,

good news, Harold !

Thanks for the froggies and al. ;-)

CU
.                         \)|(/
.                         (o o)
. /-----------------ooO----(_)----Ooo-----------------\
.(_|                  Francis VIVAT                   |
.  |                    CETP-CNRS                     |
.  |  10-12, avenue de l'Europe  78140 Velizy         |
.  |             Tel    : +33 1 3925 4780             |
.  |             Fax    : +33 1 3925 4922             |_
.  |      E-Mail : francis.vivat@cetp.ipsl.fr         | )
.  \---------------------------------------------------/
.                        (_)  (_)

> I've downloaded the source code for vnc on Windows.  VNC has a pretty clear
> method of dealing with the AltGr key, so I'll be reworking the AltGr
> handling within the next couple of days.
>
> Oh, I should state the AltGr, until now, has not been handled at all;
> therefore, the operational status of AltGr on various computers will be
> completely random.
>
> Harold

@ 2001-04-18  9:27 ` Harold Hunt
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Harold Hunt @ 2001-04-18  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Pierre Muller', cygwin-xfree

Pierre,

I've downloaded the source code for vnc on Windows.  VNC has a pretty clear
method of dealing with the AltGr key, so I'll be reworking the AltGr
handling within the next couple of days.

Oh, I should state the AltGr, until now, has not been handled at all;
therefore, the operational status of AltGr on various computers will be
completely random.

Harold

* Keyboard problems
@ 2001-04-18  8:46 Pierre Muller