* Hardware acceleration
@ 2013-03-29 16:11 Thiago Padilha
From: Thiago Padilha @ 2013-03-29 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi

I'm testing cygwin hardware acceleration using the instructions found
here: http://cygwin.com/xfree/docs/ug/using-aiglx.html

When running the the default options(which implies -wgl) I can see my
graphics card (Intel HD graphics 3000) when running glxinfo | grep
OpenGL

If I start the server with -nowgl, I see the software renderer.

The problem is that I see absolutely no difference between the two
when running the 'glxgears' program: It starts fine and stays like
that for 2-3 seconds, then I start to see some flickering(the gears
seem to be constantly "struggling to rotate), but the fps displayed in
the terminal is not affected(I get a constant  average of 1500fps),
just the rendering gets strange.

Perhaps I'm missing something(some other lib that needs to be installed)?

* Re: Hardware acceleration
@ 2013-03-30  4:16 ` richardvoigt
From: richardvoigt @ 2013-03-30  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

> that for 2-3 seconds, then I start to see some flickering(the gears
> seem to be constantly "struggling to rotate), but the fps displayed in
> the terminal is not affected(I get a constant  average of 1500fps),
> just the rendering gets strange.

What you're seeing is a result of aliasing, which is an interaction
between the framerate of the software and the refresh rate of the
display.

* Re: Hardware acceleration
@ 2013-04-01 10:58   ` Thiago Padilha
From: Thiago Padilha @ 2013-04-01 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Thanks for the info richard. Perhaps you have some hint on how I can
configure aliasing correctly or fix this issue?