* RE: xset add to font path kills Xserver
@ 2003-09-29 19:39 Richardson, Anthony
From: Richardson, Anthony @ 2003-09-29 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Benn Schreiber [bls@starwhite.net] wrote:

> 1) Have you successfully added truetype fonts to your font
> path? If so, how?

I have.  You need an XF86Config file in /etc/X11.  There is
a link to an example XF86Config file in the cygwin/xfree
FAQ or User Guide (I can't get to the site right now to
figure out which one it was).  You need to add your truetype
font dir to the FontPath.  You also need to run ttmkfdir and
mkfontdir.

Tony Richardson

* Re: xset add to font path kills Xserver
@ 2003-09-29 22:19 Benn Schreiber
From: Benn Schreiber @ 2003-09-29 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

> Did you have to run ttmkfdir (or whatever it is called) at any point?

> Harold

Yes, I have run both ttmkfdir and mkfontdir in the directory. Interestingly,
if I do the xset after the window manager is up (as best I can correlate
it), it works fine. But, if I do it in startxwin, the font element does not
get added to the path, and then XWin dies.

I'm going to try the XF86Config route.

Thanks for the suggestions! If you have any others, or if there are any
tests I can do that might be useful, I'm game.

Benn

* Re: xset add to font path kills Xserver
@ 2003-09-29 21:02 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-09-29 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

@ 2003-09-29 20:54 Thomas Chadwick