* X server does not connect
@ 2004-01-04 13:04 Frank Thiel
From: Frank Thiel @ 2004-01-04 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hello,
I did download Cygwin-Xfee and install on Win-XP Notebook 128 MB RAM Celeron
Processor. After installing I want to connect to my Linux-machine doing:
c:\cygwin\usr\x11r6\bin\Xwin -query IPNUMBER

The X-server starts, but does not connect to remote machine. (Grey screen with
"x")

To rule out network trouble, I installed the demo of the commercial WinAxe and
this Xserver does connect. Again, I installed CygWin Xfree on another
notebook, same hardware (but 256 MB Ram) and it did connect.

Somehow it might be, that some installation parts are missing ? I did choose
the Xfee package and all libs...

Frank
Germany

* Re: X server does not connect
@ 2004-01-04 14:00 ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2004-01-04 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Frank Thiel wrote:

> Hello,
> I did download Cygwin-Xfee and install on Win-XP Notebook 128 MB RAM Celeron
> Processor. After installing I want to connect to my Linux-machine doing:
> c:\cygwin\usr\x11r6\bin\Xwin -query IPNUMBER

Is any kind of Personal firewall installed (or the one from WinXP activated)?
Does the -from <local ip address> parameter work?
What is printed in /tmp/Xwin.log (wait some time for the last message from
the xdmcp server)

bye
    ago

NP: Project Pitchfork - The Clone