* clipboard sharing with XDM
@ 2003-09-29 16:23 amr roushi
From: amr roushi @ 2003-09-29 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I am trying to share the clip board of X and of Win2K . I start the
session with
  xwin :portno  -query hostname -clipboard
I cannot share the clipboard using the different methods ie highlighting
, Control Insert .
I tried xwinclip but it dies after 3 tries . I did xhosts + on the host
for the above methods but still
no transfer from the Xwindow to Win2K .
your help is greatly appreciated it is quite a good feature . My target
XDM machine is an AIX 5.2

thks n rgds .

* Re: clipboard sharing with XDM
@ 2003-09-30  8:49 ` amr roushi
From: amr roushi @ 2003-09-30  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

amr roushi wrote:
> I am trying to share the clip board of X and of Win2K . I start the
> session with
>  xwin :portno  -query hostname -clipboard
> I cannot share the clipboard using the different methods ie highlighting
> , Control Insert .
> I tried xwinclip but it dies after 3 tries . I did xhosts + on the host
> for the above methods but still
> no transfer from the Xwindow to Win2K .
> your help is greatly appreciated it is quite a good feature . My target
> XDM machine is an AIX 5.2
>

> thks n rgds .

I succeede running with xwinclip -display . However after highlighting
the text gets copied in windows
and the text is in the buffer however the highlighting disappears .
any fix for that . -clipboard does not work for me .

thks for ur help