* Cygwin Install Windows Crash
@ 2012-07-15  9:09 Daniel Cowdery
From: Daniel Cowdery @ 2012-07-15  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin xFree

Hi Guys,

I know this is probably a very beginner question,
however I've scoured the internet and the Cygwin FAQ's and user guide
and i can't seem to find anything that works.

For starters, I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit.
I run the Setup.exe file and select all the extra modules I require (on
top of the default install), the extra modules i install are; bison,
make, automake, libiconv, libtool, python interpreter, gcc, g++, gdb.
The installation progresses all the way through downloading all the files,
then when it seems to be checking all the files it freezes then I get
the windows blue screen of death. When the computer starts up again
there is only the Cygwin libs it downloaded and half the installation in
 my C-Drive. I've tried repeating this installation 4 times now (after
deleting all the old Cygwin files each time). I've disabled my AVG
anti-virus software, and tried a different download mirror each time but
 still no luck.

Has anyone run into this issue before or have any suggestions on what the issue may be?

Cheers,

Daniel Cowdery

* Re: Cygwin Install Windows Crash
@ 2012-07-16  7:25 ` Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2012-07-16  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Daniel Cowdery writes:
[...]

This has nothing to do with X Window on Cygwin.  Please look for answers to your
identical post on the main Cygwin mailing list.

..mark