* wget seems to have lost executive capacity
@ 2016-09-16 13:46 Fergus
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Fergus @ 2016-09-16 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: fergus

Just noticed (this has occurred since Tuesday, I think, but I can think of
no associated Cygwin update or any other local event):
all scripts involving a wget command line move on to the next line as though
it had been  simply a comment
of no executive status.

Examples (showing other execs under /bin are not broken):

~> gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 5.4.0

~> ls --version
ls (GNU coreutils) 8.25
Packaged by Cygwin (8.25-3)

~> wc --version
wc (GNU coreutils) 8.25
Packaged by Cygwin (8.25-3)~> wget --version

~> wget --version
~>
~> #### IE NIL RESPONSE

~> ls -al /bin/wget*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrator None 514589 Jul 11 18:10 wget.exe*

If the size is right, is there any explanation for its demise and can I
recover its functionality
(other than by re-installing??
Thank you!
Fergus