* Cygwin base install no longer has iconv binary
@ 2021-04-28 19:01 David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2021-04-28 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[Continuing second point in
https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2021-April/041212.html]

The man-db package prior to 2.9.3-1 on 3 Jan depended on the libiconv
package which, unusually, includes the iconv binary itself.

I noticed as OCaml has assumed since 2017 that iconv would be available in
base, and thus on "any" Cygwin installation. I was already working on
removing OCaml's dependency on the iconv binary, so I don't have a strong
opinion either way, but should libiconv be put in the Base category in order
to keep the installed commands consistent?

David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-28 19:01 UTC | newest]