* Re: wu-ftp for NT
@ 2000-12-21  6:07 Philip Humeniuk
From: Philip Humeniuk @ 2000-12-21  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

We are presently running wu-ftp on a Solaris/Unix box but within the next
few weeks moving over to NT server.

Is there a package that would give me the same functionality? I *really*
require the FTPACCESS (aliases, paths ..etc) functions.

Do you know of any software that would give me this?

* Re: wu-ftp for NT
@ 2000-12-21  6:24 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-21  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thursday 21 December 2000 15:05, Philip Humeniuk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are presently running wu-ftp on a Solaris/Unix box but within the
> next few weeks moving over to NT server.
>
> Is there a package that would give me the same functionality? I
> *really* require the FTPACCESS (aliases, paths ..etc) functions.
>
> Do you know of any software that would give me this?

inetutils in the base package contains a ftp server, not as good as
wu-ftp but it works.

OpenSSH is also part of the base distro. It serves you with scp and
an sftp-server, usable with sftp from ssh.com.

The last resort: Port wu-ftp by yourself. It would be a welcome
contribution.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: wu-ftp for NT
@ 2000-12-21 21:39 ` Stephen C. Biggs
From: Stephen C. Biggs @ 2000-12-21 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Humeniuk, cygwin

I am going to try to port this to cygwin in the next week or so... If
apache-1.3.14 is any indication, this should go smoothly (I HOPE
:)...

On 21 Dec 2000, at 9:05, Philip Humeniuk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are presently running wu-ftp on a Solaris/Unix box but within the next
> few weeks moving over to NT server.
>
> Is there a package that would give me the same functionality? I *really*
> require the FTPACCESS (aliases, paths ..etc) functions.
>
> Do you know of any software that would give me this?
>

> --

* Re: wu-ftp for NT
@ 2000-12-22  0:57   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-22  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Friday 22 December 2000 06:38, Stephen C. Biggs wrote:
> I am going to try to port this to cygwin in the next week or so... If
> apache-1.3.14 is any indication, this should go smoothly (I HOPE
>
> :)...

I suggest reading the user guide, chapter "New setuid concept" and
a look into ftpd.c in the inetutils source package.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.