* Re: New on sources.redhat.com: cpio-2.4.2
       [not found] <0012181242180S.21902@cygbert>
@ 2000-12-19  1:13 ` joyc
From: joyc @ 2000-12-19  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am a beginner as far as LINUX is concerened but I have used SCO UNIX.
i would like to dual boot with WINDOWS NT & WIN98 & LINUX(redhat) .
i have a 20 GB hard disk. I have partioned it into 10 no of  2GB partitions
in FAT16.
pl give me some guidelines for installations , so that i may not destroy the
original windows partisions while loading the LINUX.
can u tell me how to do it.
also tell me is there is much difference between a  SUSE LINUX & a REDHAT
LINUX

thanks for  all the help rendered

bye

joy
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-19  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joyc, cygwin

On Monday 18 December 2000 21:22, joyc wrote:
> I am a beginner as far as LINUX is concerened but I have used SCO
> UNIX. i would like to dual boot with WINDOWS NT & WIN98 &
> LINUX(redhat) . i have a 20 GB hard disk. I have partioned it into 10
> [...]

Sorry, but this is definitely off topic for this mailing list.
Cygwin is a POSIX layer on top of Windows. This is not related
to Linux. Please ask your questions in a Linux related mailing
list.

Corinna

BTW: Your questions are answered in the installation guidelines
of both systems, Red Hat and SuSE Linux. Both take care of a
previous Windows installation on the same system.

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: New on sources.redhat.com: cpio-2.4.2
@ 2000-12-19  5:11   ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2000-12-19  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joyc, cygwin

As you have been told already, such inquiries are not particularly
welcome on this list.  If you are a newcomer, spare yourself the pain of
doing things the old ways required by NT, and use a normal
W98-FAT32/W2K-NTFS/linux scheme.  There are differences among the dual
boot installations of the various linux, and you certainly should ask
about those in the appropriate places.

@ 2000-12-19  9:50     ` joyc
From: joyc @ 2000-12-19  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen

can u guide me to a proper LINUX site where i can get the answers
bye & thanks