* cygwin: Can't find SRVANY.EXE on my system
@ 2001-03-29 21:52 Brendan J Simon
From: Brendan J Simon @ 2001-03-29 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The openssh docs say to invoke sshd via SRVANY.EXE rather than inetd.
Is this correct ???
I've searched my entire system and can not find SRVANY.EXE anyware.  I'm
using Win2000.
Do I need it for Win2000 and if so where do I get it from ???

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.

* Re: cygwin: Can't find SRVANY.EXE on my system
@ 2001-03-29 21:57 ` Allen Hewes
From: Allen Hewes @ 2001-03-29 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brendan J Simon; +Cc: cygwin

Brendan,

The srvany,exe utility comes from the Microsoft Windows Resource
Kit(s).  There are kits for Workstation/Professional and Server, and for
Windows 2000/NT.  You get them from buying a MS Press book about the
Resource Kit(s).  I think you may be able to donwload just srvany.exe from
the Microsoft FTP site.  They have updated that utility a few times and
put the updates on the FTP site.

-Allen

@ 2001-03-30  6:19   ` Michael Erdely
From: Michael Erdely @ 2001-03-30  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

If you don't have the Resource Kit, you can use http://www.firedaemon.com/
's Firedaemon instead.  I have set it up successfully and have been happy
with it.

For information, see http://mike.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.asp#firedaemon
for the specific settings to use with Firedaemon.

-ME