* sendmail for cygwin??
@ 2001-07-03 10:58 Andrew Kitchen
From: Andrew Kitchen @ 2001-07-03 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi-

Has anybody tried building sendmail on cygwin, or does a binary exist
somewhere?  A search of sendmail.org turned up no matches on +cygwin...

thanks in advance,

Andrew

* Re: sendmail for cygwin??
@ 2001-07-03 12:02 ` Kenny Tsang
From: Kenny Tsang @ 2001-07-03 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Kitchen; +Cc: cygwin

Whoops,
I suppose I should tell the rest of the list too..

wSendmail is a port of sendmail for windows, heres a link:
ftp://ftp.kornet.nm.kr/pub/windows/winsock-l/Windows95/Mail/wsendmail.zip

-Kenny

> Hi-
>
> Has anybody tried building sendmail on cygwin, or does a binary exist
> somewhere?  A search of sendmail.org turned up no matches on +cygwin...
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Andrew
>

> --

* RE: sendmail for cygwin??
@ 2001-07-03 11:14 Peter Buckley
From: Peter Buckley @ 2001-07-03 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andrew Kitchen'; +Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

I used google and looked up

sendmail source site:cygwin.com
sendmail site:cygwin.com

I found a few messages discussing
building sendmail and porting sendmail
for cygwin.

Looks like no one has ported it yet.
Maybe you could email the people who
were thinking about porting it, they
might know where to get binaries.

I don't know which ones
would help you out (there were a bunch)
- but you can try
http://www.google.com/search?num=25&hl=en&safe=off&q=sendmail+source+site%3A
cygwin.com&btnG=Google+Search
http://www.google.com/search?num=25&hl=en&safe=off&q=sendmail+site%3Acygwin .
com&btnG=Google+Search

-Peter

@ 2000-09-14 13:25     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-09-14 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 04:22:39PM -0400, David A. Cobb wrote:
>Jason Tishler wrote:
>
>> Ed,
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 07:54:34AM -0400, Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM wrote:
>> > Is there a sendmail for CYGWIN?
>> > Can someone tell me what's available?
>>
>> In the process of building a Cygwin version of Mutt, I realized that I
>> needed sendmail or at least a SMTP client only MTA.  Through some links
>> off of the Mutt home page, I found sSMTP.  The latest version of sSMTP
>> can be found at:
>>
>>     ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/mail/mta/ssmtp-2.38.7.tar.gz
>>
>> sSMTP built OOTB under Cygwin. However, sSMTP does not provide a
>> configure script, so I needed to fiddle with it a little:
>
>Could you please post the Mutt home page URL (if there is one?)

http://www.mutt.org/

cgf

* Re: sendmail for cygwin?
@ 2000-09-14 13:22   ` David A. Cobb
From: David A. Cobb @ 2000-09-14 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Tishler; +Cc: Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM, cygwin

Jason Tishler wrote:

> Ed,
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 07:54:34AM -0400, Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM wrote:
> > Is there a sendmail for CYGWIN?
> > Can someone tell me what's available?
>
> In the process of building a Cygwin version of Mutt, I realized that I
> needed sendmail or at least a SMTP client only MTA.  Through some links
> off of the Mutt home page, I found sSMTP.  The latest version of sSMTP
> can be found at:
>
>     ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/mail/mta/ssmtp-2.38.7.tar.gz
>
> sSMTP built OOTB under Cygwin. However, sSMTP does not provide a
> configure script, so I needed to fiddle with it a little:

Could you please post the Mutt home page URL (if there is one?)

TIA
--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate.  Public Key at:
< http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit >

* Re: sendmail for cygwin?
@ 2000-09-14  7:06 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2000-09-14  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM; +Cc: cygwin

Ed,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 07:54:34AM -0400, Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM wrote:
> Is there a sendmail for CYGWIN?
> Can someone tell me what's available?

In the process of building a Cygwin version of Mutt, I realized that I
needed sendmail or at least a SMTP client only MTA.  Through some links
off of the Mutt home page, I found sSMTP.  The latest version of sSMTP
can be found at:

    ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/mail/mta/ssmtp-2.38.7.tar.gz

sSMTP built OOTB under Cygwin. However, sSMTP does not provide a
configure script, so I needed to fiddle with it a little:

    1. install in /usr/local instead /usr (needed to edit Makefile)
    2. prevent From: header overwriting (needed to edit ssmtp.conf)

Other then the above configuration issues, sSMTP has been working great
for months now.

The only other alternative that I can offer is the Win32 native SMTP
client called blat.  We have been using it for years to send ourselves the
status of our nightly (Legato Networker) backups.  You can find blat at:

   http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235

* sendmail for cygwin?
@ 2000-09-14  4:54 Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM
From: Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM @ 2000-09-14  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

CYGWIN is great. Much improved even over B20. Is there a sendmail for
CYGWIN? I would
like to write
     for i in $list
     do
          mailx $i < $HOME/egb/Message
     done

with a list that is arbitrarily long. I would also like to send mail from
within perl scripts and C++ programs.

Can someone tell me what's available?

Thanks
Ed Bradford