* CROSS PLATFORM APP AND DAEMON PROC.
@ 2018-09-19 13:56 Onur GURSOY
From: Onur GURSOY @ 2018-09-19 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello everyone,

I am newbie on cygwin, I worked many time in Linux platform about as
networking switching routing.
I working on cross platform all. But I mean cross platform is mean
different target architecture not os.
Now I want to develop a app that is working on Linux and windows , so I
found cygwin , I some research on this topic but I have a many questions,
May I ask you ?

For example : I have Linux process which is bind DNS server , and also
cygwin has a bind DNS server.
We imagene I have app which is use bind DNS server via shell command and
Linux file system,
I wonder one thing , the same program run on windows via cygwin ?
İf yes , so how ?
Else, what can I do for running ?

So Many Thanks ,
My Best Regards,
Onur.

* Re: CROSS PLATFORM APP AND DAEMON PROC.
@ 2018-09-19 14:20 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2018-09-19 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Onur GURSOY, cygwin

Greetings, Onur GURSOY!

Did you read the very first page of http://cygwin.com/ ?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: CROSS PLATFORM APP AND DAEMON PROC.
@ 2018-09-20  6:59   ` Onur GURSOY
From: Onur GURSOY @ 2018-09-20  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello Andrey Repin Yes,
 I did. I learned something such as cygwin is not native API etc. But I
wonder one think,  have app that is sing bind DNS server, cygwin has a bind
DNS server and Linux has a bind DNS server , my app is communicating via
posix message queue
Assume that we completely running program like this on Linux , how can I do
this in windows via cygwin , development environment, required package on
client pc side or development pc side, etc.

Many thanks for your reply,
My Best Regards,
Onur.

@ 2018-09-20  8:44     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-09-20  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 20.09.2018 um 08:59 schrieb Onur GURSOY:
> Hello Andrey Repin Yes,
>   I did. I learned something such as cygwin is not native API etc. But I
> wonder one think,  have app that is sing bind DNS server, cygwin has a bind
> DNS server and Linux has a bind DNS server , my app is communicating via
> posix message queue
> Assume that we completely running program like this on Linux , how can I do
> this in windows via cygwin , development environment, required package on
> client pc side or development pc side, etc.
>
> Many thanks for your reply,
> My Best Regards,
> Onur.

Dear Onur,
on this mailing list we use bottom post.

To run a program on cygwin, it must be compiled on cygwin.
In general the same step and tool used for building on linux,
can be replicated on cygwin.
Programs that requires access to internal Linux API, can
not be compiled of course, everything else usually works.

The list of packages available on cygwin is here
https://cygwin.com/packages/package_list.html

The user guide and the ist of available system calls are
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-api/

---