* util-linux package missing usr/bin/script between 2.25 and 2.32
@ 2019-03-03 21:38 Mason Giles
From: Mason Giles @ 2019-03-03 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

The /usr/bin/script program seems to have gone missing from the util-linux package somewhere between the 2.25 and 2.32 timeframe.

As far as I can tell this program is still included upstream (and the util-linux package still contains its /usr/bin/scriptreplay counterpart).

Any ideas what happened here? Is it possible to have this program reinstated?

Thanks
Mason

* Re: util-linux package missing usr/bin/script between 2.25 and 2.32
@ 2019-03-03 21:48 ` Vince Rice
From: Vince Rice @ 2019-03-03 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> On Mar 3, 2019, at 3:38 PM, Mason Giles wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The /usr/bin/script program seems to have gone missing from the util-linux package somewhere between the 2.25 and 2.32 timeframe.
>
> As far as I can tell this program is still included upstream (and the util-linux package still contains its /usr/bin/scriptreplay counterpart).
>
> Any ideas what happened here? Is it possible to have this program reinstated?

A search of the mailing list archives would have found the answer.

* Re: util-linux package missing usr/bin/script between 2.25 and 2.32
@ 2019-03-05 13:59   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2019-03-05 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2019-03-03 14:48, Vince Rice wrote:
>> On Mar 3, 2019, at 3:38 PM, Mason Giles wrote:
>> The /usr/bin/script program seems to have gone missing from the util-linux
>> package somewhere between the 2.25 and 2.32 timeframe.
>> As far as I can tell this program is still included upstream (and the
>> util-linux package still contains its /usr/bin/scriptreplay counterpart).
>> Any ideas what happened here? Is it possible to have this program reinstated?
> A search of the mailing list archives would have found the answer.
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2019-02/msg00366.html

Which links to the last package upgrade announcement:
which explains the issue: you can upgrade, with script and uuidd
unavailable for now, or downgrade to use the programs.

It's amazing what useful information you can find in package upgrade
announcements if you search for them online, or even just browse recent
cygwin-announce archives:
	https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2019-01/msg00017.html