* running iozone with cygwin on windows 2012 server
@ 2017-01-31 15:55 Nadav Rozenshien
From: Nadav Rozenshien @ 2017-01-31 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

HI there,

i'm trying to use iozone and gets the below error on my windows 2012 server

C:\Iozone3_414>iozone.exe
      0 [main] iozone 4724 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
        Usage: For usage information type iozone -h

Due to other needs, the client is also installed with cygwin
I read that the cygwin version that comes with iozone is too old and needs
to be updated. however i have no idea how to do it?
all attempts to update it under iozone directory failed

can you please advice?

Thanks in advance,
Nadav Rozenshine

* Re: running iozone with cygwin on windows 2012 server
@ 2017-01-31 16:12 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-01-31 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 31/01/2017 16:55, Nadav Rozenshien wrote:
> HI there,
>
> i'm trying to use iozone and gets the below error on my windows 2012 server
>
> C:\Iozone3_414>iozone.exe
>       0 [main] iozone 4724 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
>         Usage: For usage information type iozone -h
>

> Due to other needs, the client is also installed with cygwin
> I read that the cygwin version that comes with iozone is too old and needs
> to be updated. however i have no idea how to do it?
> all attempts to update it under iozone directory failed
>
> can you please advice?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nadav Rozenshine

Hi Nadav,

from a cygwin mirror like
http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86/release/cygwin/

download cygwin-2.6.1-1.tar.xz

extract cygwin1.dll and replace the old one provided with iozone

Regards
Marco