* Building a texlive environment in Cygwin
@ 2022-11-07 16:46 Drew Abbott
From: Drew Abbott @ 2022-11-07 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I am trying to set up texlive in Cygwin and installing the texlive
package seems to get me most of the way there. I tried to compile a
test document using the fontspec package (lualatex test.tex), but ran
into errors about a missing package (! LaTeX Error: File
`fontspec.sty' not found.). On my other machines, texlive seems to
download packages on its own, as needed. Is there further
configuration required? I could not find any guidance easily on
setting up a working environment in Cygwin.

Thanks,
Drew

* Re: Building a texlive environment in Cygwin
@ 2022-11-07 17:46 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2022-11-07 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 11/7/2022 11:46 AM, Drew Abbott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up texlive in Cygwin and installing the texlive
> package seems to get me most of the way there. I tried to compile a
> test document using the fontspec package (lualatex test.tex), but ran
> into errors about a missing package (! LaTeX Error: File
> `fontspec.sty' not found.). On my other machines, texlive seems to
> download packages on its own, as needed. Is there further
> configuration required? I could not find any guidance easily on
> setting up a working environment in Cygwin.

See the release announcement, especially the part under "Recommendations":

   https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2022-April/010516.html

Ken