* Difference between --disable-nls and --disable-i18n
@ 2019-06-03  8:58 Henning
From: Henning @ 2019-06-03  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

If I (re-)compile packages I want to exclude support for internatio-
nalization/native languages, unicode and the like. My locale is C.CP850
or C.CP437. And I don't want utilities like sed to be able to recognize
or otherwise deal with unicode/multibyte characters.

My guess is that --disable-nls prevents non-en_US manpages and messages.
Many packages offer this configure option. sed(1) offers this one and
--dissable-i18n. What is the difference?
And there are --with(out)-libintl-prefix --with(out)-libiconv-prefix.

I would be glad I somebody could shed a light on all these and possible
interdependencies.

Thanks in advance
Henning

* Re: Difference between --disable-nls and --disable-i18n
@ 2019-06-05  6:50 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2019-06-05  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning, cygwin

Greetings, Henning!

> If I (re-)compile packages I want to exclude support for internatio-
> nalization/native languages, unicode and the like. My locale is C.CP850
> or C.CP437. And I don't want utilities like sed to be able to recognize
> or otherwise deal with unicode/multibyte characters.

wat

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin