* gtkmm
@ 2012-09-03 15:05 Glenn Foster
From: Glenn Foster @ 2012-09-03 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Has anyone successfully installed gtkmm on cygwin?

I have gotten GTK 2 (2.24.11) as well as the X window server installed
and they seem to work (first two C examples from the GTK C tutorial
compile and run).

Attempts to install GTK 3 have not succeeded. For both GTK 2 and GTK 3
there seems to be an anomaly in the Cygwin Setup: some files including
the "GTK X11 toolkit" show a ? in the size column until you select them,
then the size pops in but the next time you run Setup they will be back
to "skip" with a ? in the size column.

gtkmm offers  .tar files of the source for both 2 and 3.  I have gotten
to "2" sources to compile and apparently install but there seem to still
be some issues with the include files (named like "glibmm.h" instead of
"gtkmm.h")

My goal is to compile programs using g++ to run on my system under
cygwin.  At this time I am not worried about running the results outside
of cygwin, so I'm thinking perhaps the gtkmm warnings about possible
conflicts with msvcrt might not apply .

* Re: gtkmm
@ 2012-09-03 23:46 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2012-09-03 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 11:05 -0400, Glenn Foster wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed gtkmm on cygwin?

Yes; both libgtkmm2.4-devel and libgtkmm3.0-devel are available in
Ports.

Yaakov