* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gmp-6.1.2-1
@ 2017-01-21 19:57 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-01-21 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library

GMP is a free library for arbitrary precision arithmetic, operating on
signed integers, rational numbers, and floating point numbers. There is
no practical limit to the precision except the ones implied by the
available memory in the machine GMP runs on. GMP has a rich set of
functions, and the functions have a regular interface.

Changes in GMP 6.1.2

BUGS FIXED

    Mini-GMP: Fixed a division bug, which on a machine with 64-bit unsigned long affects approximately 1 out of 232 divisors.
    Mini-GMP: Fix mpz_set_str crash on inputs with a large number of leading zeros. Also stricter input validation, rejecting inputs with no digits.

FEATURES

    Handle more systems which require PIC code in static libraries (e.g., "hardened" Gentoo and Debian 9).
    Configuration for arm (-32 and -64) has been rewritten, fixing poor code selection for many CPUs.
    Mini-GMP: Updated to the latest development version, including new functions mpn_com and mpn_neg.

SPEEDUPS

    None, except for arm CPUs affected by the configuration rewrite.

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gmp-6.1.2-1
@ 2017-02-08 21:17 ` Denis Excoffier
From: Denis Excoffier @ 2017-02-08 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Le 21 janv. 2017 à 20:19, Achim Gratz wrote:
>

> GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library
>
> GMP is a free library for arbitrary precision arithmetic, operating on
> signed integers, rational numbers, and floating point numbers. There is
> no practical limit to the precision except the ones implied by the
> available memory in the machine GMP runs on. GMP has a rich set of
> functions, and the functions have a regular interface.

> Changes in GMP 6.1.2
> (...)

Hello,

Thank you for libgmp-6.1.2-1 that supersedes 6.1.1-1.

I noticed that libgmp.la is no longer present in the distribution (x86).

Is it okay?

Regards,

Denis Excoffier.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gmp-6.1.2-1
@ 2017-02-08 21:29   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-02-08 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-02-08 15:17, Denis Excoffier wrote:
> Thank you for libgmp-6.1.2-1 that supersedes 6.1.1-1.
>
> I noticed that libgmp.la is no longer present in the distribution (x86).
>
> Is it okay?

Yes, .la files are generally going away.

--
Yaakov