* setup(32)-2.830 catching which processes are still running (neat, but...misses services)
@ 2013-10-30  2:07 Linda Walsh
From: Linda Walsh @ 2013-10-30  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

New version of setup shows me which processes are running and offers
to stop them.. neat.

I stopped them manually as needed to make sure work was saved.

Tried again...
this time it said it was still in use:
turns out it seems to miss all of the processes running as services.

*cygserver/dbus-daemon..

Though it looks like it restarted them when it was done?

Odd...

* Re: setup(32)-2.830 catching which processes are still running (neat, but...misses services)
@ 2013-10-30  9:33 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2013-10-30  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linda Walsh, cygwin

Greetings, Linda Walsh!

> New version of setup shows me which processes are running and offers
> to stop them.. neat.

> I stopped them manually as needed to make sure work was saved.

> Tried again...
> this time it said it was still in use:
> turns out it seems to miss all of the processes running as services.

> *cygserver/dbus-daemon..

> Though it looks like it restarted them when it was done?

That was postinstall scripts, I suppose.

> Odd...

+1

--
WBR,