* rsync 8392 Warning
@ 2015-03-19  8:57 Hofmann, Patrick (NamLab)
From: Hofmann, Patrick (NamLab) @ 2015-03-19  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey there!

I am currently using Cygwin rsync to backup my USB drive to my SSD. It works, however, it takes ages. I guess it has something to do with the ERROR/WARNING message I am getting:

0 [main] rsync 8392 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.

It works fine for my WIN XP setup. However, with my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (with Win 8.1) it takes ages to back up the Drive and I am getting this WARNING message.

Is there any solution to that?
Thanks for the help!

Best regards

Patrick Hofmann=
Freiberger Compound Materials GmbH, Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Stefan Schneidewind,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Deutschland, 09599 Freiberg; Handelsregister Chemnitz - HRB 11609

Freiberger Compound Materials GmbH; Dr. Stefan Schneidewind, CEO;
Registered Office: Germany, 09599 Freiberg; Recorded at
Local Court Chemnitz - HRB 11609

* Re: rsync 8392 Warning
@ 2015-03-19 11:55 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-03-19 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 08:51 +0000, Hofmann, Patrick (NamLab) wrote:
> I am currently using Cygwin rsync to backup my USB drive to my SSD. It works, however, it takes ages. I guess it has something to do with the ERROR/WARNING message I am getting:
>
> 0 [main] rsync 8392 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.
>
> It works fine for my WIN XP setup. However, with my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (with Win 8.1) it takes ages to back up the Drive and I am getting this WARNING message.
>
> Is there any solution to that?

Update to the latest version of Cygwin.

--
Yaakov