* built gnuplot does not run on the cygwin 2.0.0
@ 2015-05-04  8:29 tmacchant
From: tmacchant @ 2015-05-04  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have been successful to build and run the cvs branch gnuplot using the
Cygwin.
However, after upgrading to the Cygwin 2.0.0, the built executable does not
run.

The results are the same both 32 bit and 64 bit.

I am running cygwin on the windows 7 64 bit.
The cygwin upgrade date is 2015-05-04.

Any suggestions?

Tatsuro

$ gdb src/gnuplot
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.8
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-cygwin".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from src/gnuplot...done.
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x10050aea0: file ../../gnuplot/src/plot.c, line 272.
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/cygdrive/e/usr/Tatsu/cyg64work/gnuplotcvs/build-a/src/gnuplot
[New Thread 7744.0x1f1c]
During startup program exited with code 0xc0000022.
(gdb)

* Re: built gnuplot does not run on the cygwin 2.0.0
@ 2015-05-04  8:36 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-05-04  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 5/4/2015 10:00 AM, tmacchant wrote:
> I have been successful to build and run the cvs branch gnuplot using the
> Cygwin.
> However, after upgrading to the Cygwin 2.0.0, the built executable does not
> run.
>
> The results are the same both 32 bit and 64 bit.
>
> I am running cygwin on the windows 7 64 bit.
> The cygwin upgrade date is 2015-05-04.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Tatsuro

Hi Tatsuro,
can you share the configuration for the build ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: built gnuplot does not run on the cygwin 2.0.0
@ 2015-05-04  9:13 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-05-04  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

tmacchant <tmacchant <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:
> During startup program exited with code 0xc0000022.
> (gdb)

That status code is described as:

0xC0000022 STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
{Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object but has not been
granted those access rights.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704588.aspx

Check the modes and ACL on the executable and libraries you're trying to use.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: built gnuplot does not run on the cygwin 2.0.0
@ 2015-05-04  9:32   ` tmacchant
From: tmacchant @ 2015-05-04  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Marco
>can you share the configuration for the build ?

Thank you for your response.

http://www.geocities.jp/tmgpltwin/Files/Files.html
0063 config.log.7z

Tatsuro

* Re: built gnuplot does not run on the cygwin 2.0.0
@ 2015-05-04 13:24   ` tmacchant
From: tmacchant @ 2015-05-04 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> That status code is described as:

> 0xC0000022 STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
> {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object but has not
> been
> granted those access rights.

> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704588.aspx

> Check the modes and ACL on the executable and libraries you're trying to
> use.

> Regards,
> Achim.

Achim

As you said, I add the execute access right to the cygwx*.dll by chmod +x
command.
Now the gnuplot executable starts ordinary,

$ src/gnuplot

        G N U P L O T
        Version 5.1 patchlevel 0    last modified 2015-05-03

        Copyright (C) 1986-1993, 1998, 2004, 2007-2015
        Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

        gnuplot home:     http://www.gnuplot.info
        faq, bugs, etc:   type "help FAQ"
        immediate help:   type "help"  (plot window: hit 'h')

Terminal type set to 'wxt'

Thanks for the help.

Tatsuro