* building octave-4.0.0-rcx on Cygwin
@ 2015-05-08 10:12 tmacchant
From: tmacchant @ 2015-05-08 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Marco

I would like to test new version of octave (octave-4.0.0-rc4 current) on
Cygwin.
I have tried to build on cygwin-64.  However, dynamic libraries of
liboctinterp was not built and static version was built.
For liboctave,  cygoctave-3.dll was built.

What do you think the origin of fail to generate dll for liboctinterp?

I appreciate your help.

Tatsuro

* Re: building octave-4.0.0-rcx on Cygwin
@ 2015-05-08 10:50 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-05-08 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 5/8/2015 11:54 AM, tmacchant wrote:
> Marco
>
> I would like to test new version of octave (octave-4.0.0-rc4 current) on
> Cygwin.
> I have tried to build on cygwin-64.  However, dynamic libraries of
> liboctinterp was not built and static version was built.
> For liboctave,  cygoctave-3.dll was built.
>
> What do you think the origin of fail to generate dll for liboctinterp?
>
> I appreciate your help.
>
> Tatsuro

Hi Tatsuro,
you can test my build of rc4

   setup-x86_64.exe -X -O -s http://matzeri.altervista.org

http://matzeri.altervista.org/x86_64/octave/

Regards
Marco

* Re: building octave-4.0.0-rcx on Cygwin
@ 2015-05-08 11:09   ` tmacchant
From: tmacchant @ 2015-05-08 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Hi Tatsuro,
> you can test my build of rc4

>    setup-x86_64.exe -X -O -s http://matzeri.altervista.org

> http://matzeri.altervista.org/x86_64/octave/

Macro

I can install them and see the octave-gui and confirm that I can handle
non-ascii characters in path and file names. I will test tomorrow further.
Windows native version cannot handle non-ascii characters in path and file
names :-(.

Thank you for your good job and kindness!!!.

@ 2015-05-08 17:04     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-05-08 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

tmacchant <tmacchant <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:
> Windows native version cannot handle non-ascii characters in path and file
> names .

Then it's most likely using the wrong (DOS) API for file access.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: building octave-4.0.0-rcx on Cygwin
@ 2015-05-09  0:38     ` tmacchant
From: tmacchant @ 2015-05-09  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>> Hi Tatsuro,
>> you can test my build of rc4
>>    setup-x86_64.exe -X -O -s http://matzeri.altervista.org
>>
>> http://matzeri.altervista.org/x86_64/octave/

> Macro
>
> I can install them and see the octave-gui and confirm that I can handle
> non-ascii characters in path and > file names. I will test tomorrow
> further.
> Windows native version cannot handle non-ascii characters in path and file
> names :-(.

> Thank you for your good job and kindness!!!.

I can handle multibyte characters encoded utf8 (octave editor uses only utf8
encoding) on terminal window.
(Windows native version uses the codepage. Setting codepage to 65001 does
not solve the problem.)

I am glad the cygwin version octave-4.0 does not suffer the problem as
expected.

@ 2015-05-09  2:04       ` tmacchant
From: tmacchant @ 2015-05-09  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>> Windows native version cannot handle non-ascii characters in path and file
>> names .

> Then it's most likely using the wrong (DOS) API for file access.

Achim.

Thank you for your suggestion.
From discussions on the octave bug list, readdir in mingw seems to be buggy
for utf8 encoded code.