* Package containing libxml.dll
@ 2015-12-26 15:36 ravi r
From: ravi r @ 2015-12-26 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I want to install the library file /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a in cygwin.
Installed package
libxml2-devel and that did not install this file. In setup program, I cannot
find a package named libxml-devel.

What package in setup can I select in cygwin setup to install
/usr/lib/libxml.dll.a?

* Re: Package containing libxml.dll
@ 2015-12-26 17:11 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-12-26 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 26/12/2015 16:35, ravi r wrote:
> I want to install the library file /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a in cygwin.
> Installed package
> libxml2-devel and that did not install this file. In setup program, I cannot
> find a package named libxml-devel.
>
> What package in setup can I select in cygwin setup to install
> /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a?

  $ cygcheck -l libxml2-devel |grep dll
/usr/lib/libxml2.dll.a

* Re: Package containing libxml.dll
@ 2015-12-26 18:28 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2015-12-26 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/26/2015 10:35 AM, ravi r wrote:
> I want to install the library file /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a in cygwin.
> Installed package
> libxml2-devel and that did not install this file. In setup program, I cannot
> find a package named libxml-devel.
>
> What package in setup can I select in cygwin setup to install
> /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a?

You can answer questions like this one with the package search page:

<https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi>

As you'll find, Cygwin does not have a package for libxml(1).  If you need
it for some backwards-compatibility reason, you'll have to build it
yourself.  Otherwise, stick with libxml2.

<http://xmlsoft.org/FAQ.html#Installati>

Holliston, MA 01746

A: Yes.

@ 2015-12-27 18:58   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-12-27 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sat, 2015-12-26 at 13:27 -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 12/26/2015 10:35 AM, ravi r wrote:
> > I want to install the library file /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a in cygwin.
> > Installed package
> > libxml2-devel and that did not install this file. In setup program,
> > I cannot
> > find a package named libxml-devel.
> >
> > What package in setup can I select in cygwin setup to install
> > /usr/lib/libxml.dll.a?
>
> You can answer questions like this one with the package search page:
>
> <https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi>
>
> As you'll find, Cygwin does not have a package for libxml(1).  If you
> need
> it for some backwards-compatibility reason, you'll have to build it
> yourself.  Otherwise, stick with libxml2.

+1, but stronger: unless someone is having some nostalgia for an
ancient GNOME 1.x program, *nothing* should be using libxml 1.x.

--
Yaakov