* BUG Report: rlwrap + cygwin (dll) + Windows 10
       [not found] <1482584461.28600.1607803505447.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2020-12-12 20:05 ` Alberto Moral Beneitez
From: Alberto Moral Beneitez @ 2020-12-12 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, everybody
First of all, this is my first bug report, so I don't know if I am doing correctly... I don't know if one must be registered to summit this type of repport. And be patient with my English.

The problem is that rlwrap has stopped working in combination with:
   - Windows 10 (I use version 2004, compilation 19041.685, Spanish). It still works in Windows 8.1 and previous

   - rlwrap 0.37-1
   - cygwin 3.1.7-1 (Unix emulation engine). The last version that works in WIndows 10 is 3.0.7-1.

   - any DOS/Windows command line application (as Oracle sqlplus, Dimensions dmcli, or even Windows cmd)

For example, you can try with DOS/Windows cmd:

    rlwrap cmd
It clears the screen and does not work.
As I've said, it works with:
   -  previous versions of Windows (8.1, 7)

   - versions 3.0.7-1 or previous of the cygwin package.
   - of course, with cygwin interactive commands (the problem only appears with DOS/Windows command line apps)

Thanks in advance for your great job (I use cygwin for a long time and is an essential part in the Windows computers I use).

* Re: BUG Report: rlwrap + cygwin (dll) + Windows 10
@ 2020-12-13 12:43   ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2020-12-13 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Alberto Moral Beneitez

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 20:05:05 +0000 (UTC)
Alberto Moral Beneitez via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> Hi, everybody
> First of all, this is my first bug report, so I don't know if I am doing correctly... I don't know if one must be registered to summit this type of repport. And be patient with my English.
>
> The problem is that rlwrap has stopped working in combination with:
>    - Windows 10 (I use version 2004, compilation 19041.685, Spanish). It still works in Windows 8.1 and previous
>
>    - rlwrap 0.37-1
>    - cygwin 3.1.7-1 (Unix emulation engine). The last version that works in WIndows 10 is 3.0.7-1.
>
>    - any DOS/Windows command line application (as Oracle sqlplus, Dimensions dmcli, or even Windows cmd)
>
> For example, you can try with DOS/Windows cmd:
>
>     rlwrap cmd
> It clears the screen and does not work.
> As I've said, it works with:
>    -  previous versions of Windows (8.1, 7)
>
>    - versions 3.0.7-1 or previous of the cygwin package.
>    - of course, with cygwin interactive commands (the problem only appears with DOS/Windows command line apps)
>
> Thanks in advance for your great job (I use cygwin for a long time and is an essential part in the Windows computers I use).

Please try:
env CYGWIN=disable_pcon rlwrap cmd

Also, you can use alias like:
alias rlwrap="env CYGWIN=disable_pcon rlwrap"

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

* Re: BUG Report: rlwrap + cygwin (dll) + Windows 10
@ 2020-12-13 14:41     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-12-13 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 13.12.2020 13:43, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 20:05:05 +0000 (UTC)
> Alberto Moral Beneitez via Cygwin  wrote:
>> Hi, everybody

> Please try:
> env CYGWIN=disable_pcon rlwrap cmd
>
> Also, you can use alias like:
> alias rlwrap="env CYGWIN=disable_pcon rlwrap"

I had the impression the CYGWIN enviroment was used only by the first
cygwin process to set global behaviour and following changes were
uneffective

Am I missing something ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: BUG Report: rlwrap + cygwin (dll) + Windows 10
@ 2020-12-14 14:14       ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-12-14 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/13/2020 9:41 AM, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> On 13.12.2020 13:43, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 20:05:05 +0000 (UTC)
>> Alberto Moral Beneitez via Cygwin  wrote:
>>> Hi, everybody
>
>> Please try:
>> env CYGWIN=disable_pcon rlwrap cmd
>>
>> Also, you can use alias like:
>> alias rlwrap="env CYGWIN=disable_pcon rlwrap"
>
> I had the impression the CYGWIN enviroment was used only by the first cygwin
> process to set global behaviour and following changes were
> uneffective
>
> Am I missing something ?

If an application changes the CYGWIN environment variable via a call to
setenv(3) or putenv(3), then that variable is re-parsed and the corresponding
global variables (like disable_pcon) are changed accordingly.  See the call to
parse_options() at the end of _addenv() in environ.cc.

Ken