* Ruby ri does not display core docs - is it a bug or do I miss a package?
@ 2017-08-01 15:06 Ronald Fischer
From: Ronald Fischer @ 2017-08-01 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have installed Ruby and the Ruby-doc package (and also some other doc
packages related to Ruby gems). However, ri does not work for core
packages. Example:

$ ri String
= String < Object

(from gem bigdecimal-1.3.2)
= Instance methods:

  to_d

(from gem rake-11.3.0)
= Instance methods:

  ext, pathmap, pathmap_explode, pathmap_partial, pathmap_replace

We can see that String related methods from the gems are displayed, but
not what is in the core package. Similarily:

$ ri 'String#length'
Nothing known about String#length

Is this a bug?

[-- Attachment #2: cygcheck.out --]

* Ruby ri does not display core docs - is it a bug or do I miss a package?
@ 2017-08-02 13:41 Ronald Fischer
From: Ronald Fischer @ 2017-08-02 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin