* Unable to update PKI - p11-kit does not support 'extract' command
@ 2022-06-01  8:54 Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2022-06-01  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: All

Greetings, All!

My root CA key expired recently and I'm battling to update my infrastructure.
The most unexpected issue so far is a change in Cygwin's p11-kit, that made
update-ca-trust script unusable.

Running `p11-kit extract …` immediately fails with code 2 and its manual does
not mention `extract` command anywhere.

What should I do now?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: Unable to update PKI - p11-kit does not support 'extract' command
@ 2022-06-01 12:32 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2022-06-01 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 6/1/2022 4:54 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, All!
>
> My root CA key expired recently and I'm battling to update my infrastructure.
> The most unexpected issue so far is a change in Cygwin's p11-kit, that made
> update-ca-trust script unusable.
>
> Running `p11-kit extract …` immediately fails with code 2 and its manual does
> not mention `extract` command anywhere.

$ man p11-kit

NAME
        p11-kit - Tool for operating on configured PKCS#11 modules

SYNOPSIS
        p11-kit list-modules

        p11-kit extract ...

[...]

EXTRACT
        Extract certificates from configured PKCS#11 modules.

        This operation has been moved to a separate command trust extract. See
        trust(1) for more information

Ken

* Re: Unable to update PKI - p11-kit does not support 'extract' command
@ 2022-06-04 13:19   ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2022-06-04 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Brown, cygwin

Greetings, Ken Brown!

> On 6/1/2022 4:54 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Greetings, All!
>> > My root CA key expired recently and I'm battling to update my infrastructure.
>> The most unexpected issue so far is a change in Cygwin's p11-kit, that made
>> update-ca-trust script unusable.
>> > Running `p11-kit extract …` immediately fails with code 2 and its manual does
>> not mention `extract` command anywhere.

> $ man p11-kit

> NAME
>         p11-kit - Tool for operating on configured PKCS#11 modules

> SYNOPSIS
>         p11-kit list-modules

>         p11-kit extract ...

> [...]

> EXTRACT
>         Extract certificates from configured PKCS#11 modules.

>         This operation has been moved to a separate command trust extract. See
>         trust(1) for more information

That explains the [2] error code - there's no "trust" command available.
Turned out, my AV ate it.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin