* gnuplot dev shapshot for Cygwin With qt terminal
@ 2018-03-13  1:43 Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2018-03-13  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have added experimental Cygwin binary packages of gnuplot development snapshot
with Qt terminal.

http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/gnuplot/Eng/cygbin/

Tatsuro

* Re: gnuplot dev shapshot for Cygwin With qt terminal
@ 2018-03-13 20:54 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2018-03-13 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[current Cygwin gnuplot maintainer here]

Tatsuro MATSUOKA writes:
> I have added experimental Cygwin binary packages of gnuplot development snapshot
> with Qt terminal.

I understand this needs patches for some part(s) of Qt, which probably
means that some of these libs are now statically linked.  If you could
get them upstreamed or convince the the Cygwin Qt maintainer to pick
them up, I'd build gnuplot with a Qt terminal.  But we'd really need to
see the patch(es), a binary package doesn't help.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: gnuplot dev shapshot for Cygwin With qt terminal
@ 2018-03-13 23:20   ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2018-03-13 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz, cygwin

> [current Cygwin gnuplot maintainer here]
>
> Tatsuro MATSUOKA writes:
>>  I have added experimental Cygwin binary packages of gnuplot development
> snapshot
>>  with Qt terminal.
>
> I understand this needs patches for some part(s) of Qt, which probably
> means that some of these libs are now statically linked.  If you could
> get them upstreamed or convince the the Cygwin Qt maintainer to pick
> them up, I'd build gnuplot with a Qt terminal.  But we'd really need to
> see the patch(es), a binary package doesn't help.

Achim
The patch is already submitted to the cygwin list.
See
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/qt5-Patch-for-src-network-socket-qlocalsocket-unix-cpp-td139656.html
And patch is also descrived in README_TM.txt.
I did not use static link but generated renamed cygQt5Nwetwork-5-gp.dll.
I used mingw gendef(64bit) of MinGW64 and pexports (32bit) of MinGW to generate def file.
And edit dll file name in def file and use mingw "dlltools" to generate renamed libXXXXX.dll.a.
Someworkaround is required for my case to kill GL and  shmget related error messages.
See,
https://sourceforge.net/p/gnuplot/mailman/gnuplot-beta/thread/893180.40244.qm%40web103112.mail.kks.yahoo.co.jp/#msg36249353
BTW, wxt related things are described in here.
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Mismatch-between-the-program-and-library-build-versions-detected-for-wxWidgets-td139680.html
Tatsuro

@ 2018-03-14 10:58     ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2018-03-14 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Achim

I attached the README in the binary pacakge for install.
There described the issues I met and workaround to them are descibed.

README_TM.txt <http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/file/t3087/README_TM.txt>

Tatsuro

--
Sent from: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Cygwin-list-f3.html