* Problem with gnuplot output
@ 2022-01-14  9:42 Fergus Daly
From: Fergus Daly @ 2022-01-14  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'; +Cc: Fergus Daly

In an xterm console:
The file gn0 contains all necessary instructions for displaying a gnuplot plot:
1 As expected (or as in the past, anyway) the command "gnuplot gn0" causes the gnuplot display to flash on screen
for an instant and then disappear. The user remains at the xterm prompt.
2 As ditto, the command "gnuplot gn0 -" presents the gnuplot display which persists, but the user is left in a gnuplot process
(i.e. showing the prompt gnuplot>) needing to press crtl-D to return to the xterm prompt.
So no problem and nothing new up to now.
3 What is desired should result from "gnuplot gn0 - &": the gnuplot display is shown on screen and will persist as long as required,
and the user returned to the xterm prompt to carry on with whatever other stuff; but what actually happens is an empty gnuplot display
with a clockface. Has the required command syntax "gnuplot gn0 - &" altered?
Thank you!

* Re: Problem with gnuplot output
@ 2022-01-15  4:32 ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2022-01-15  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fergus Daly, 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

For gnuplot on Cygwin, working interactive terminals are x11 and wxt.
(qt terminal does not work)

Which terminal do you use?
The persist behaviors are different for between wxt and x11 terminal.

You should specify which terminal you use.

PS.
I think that this topic is better not to disscuss here (cygwin ML) but to discuss in gnuplot ML.

Tatsuro

* Re: Problem with gnuplot output
@ 2022-01-15  5:00   ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2022-01-15  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)