* Re: Package "task" not up to date (last update Feb. 2016)
@ 2018-08-26 15:28 haddingjaskati
From: haddingjaskati @ 2018-08-26 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello People of Cygwin,

first up, sorry for not responding in the correct email thread (I'm not subscribed to the list). This mail is an response to the mail exchange that happened on the 08.08.18.
(1500969858.24121.1533722417234@office.mailbox.org> /// https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-08/msg00104.html).

I spoke to the people of task ("TaskWarrior") and they elucidated that Cygwin is no longer supported. They updated their website accordingly, advising users to use WSL instead (https://taskwarrior.org/download/).

I'm now using WSL for task (it's very clear that the windows integration of Cygwin is vastly superior). I don't know what you want to do. Maybe you want to note down somewhere that task will no longer receive any official updates.

Have a nice day
:)

* Re: Package "task" not up to date (last update Feb. 2016)
@ 2018-08-08 10:18 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-08-08 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 08.08.2018 um 12:00 schrieb haddingjaskati@mailbox.org:
> Hello People of Cygwin,
>
> the package "task" ("A command line todo manager") is on version 2.4.4.
> The current version is 2.5.1, released on 24. Feb 2016.
>
> It's a tool I use every day and that was nicely improved in the minor revision 5.
> I was unable to locate the name of the package maintainer.
>
> Maybe one kind soul can update the package to current, 2.5.1?
> Website           https://taskwarrior.org/
> SourceCode        https://taskwarrior.org/download/task-2.5.1.tar.gz
> GitHub            https://github.com/GothenburgBitFactory/taskwarrior/
> GitHub Release    https://github.com/GothenburgBitFactory/taskwarrior/releases/tag/v2.5.1

> Have a nice day

This is the right place.
cygwin-apps is for internal discussion between maintainers

The maintainer is:
  $ curl -s http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint | grep "^task"
task                                         Federico Hernandez

If Federico is still around he should reply on this list.

Regards
Marco

---

* Package "task" not up to date (last update Feb. 2016)
@ 2018-08-08 10:00 haddingjaskati