* thanks Brian! MinGW/cygwin. Have a cool weekend :-)
       [not found] <1593712335.3089083.1603612043638.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2020-10-25  7:47 ` Jim McNamara
From: Jim McNamara @ 2020-10-25  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I got past the error message on configuring.

I am trying to get past an error in the Makefile now.

I posted it to gnucobol and am seeing if they can assist. It has something to do with a default.conf file is missing in one of the source directories.

I found the button for plain text mode in yahoo.

I will read up on cross compiling in the next day or two. I don't know what packages to install for that in cygwin. I get : cross compiling ... no.

They seem really interested in gnucobol with mingw related questions.

Thanks for all of your help this weekend.

roboloki

* Re: Unable to extract GMP version information from gmp_version :mingw
@ 2020-10-25 16:19   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2020-10-25 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2020-10-25 01:47, Jim McNamara via Cygwin wrote:
> I got past the error message on configuring.
>
> I am trying to get past an error in the Makefile now.
>
> I posted it to gnucobol and am seeing if they can assist. It has something to do with a default.conf file is missing in one of the source directories.
>
> I found the button for plain text mode in yahoo.
>
> I will read up on cross compiling in the next day or two. I don't know what packages to install for that in cygwin. I get : cross compiling ... no.
>
> They seem really interested in gnucobol with mingw related questions.
>
> Thanks for all of your help this weekend.

In this case, "cross-compiling" just means using the mingw gcc compilers to
produce native Windows exes that require only Windows dlls, rather than Cygwin
POSIX exes that need the Cygwin dll to run.