* Re: Can the cygwin support scipy, pandas, sympy, jupyterlab?
       [not found] <1629300452.11720.1645095931120.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.co.jp>
@ 2022-02-17 11:05 ` Tatsuro MATSUOKA
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA @ 2022-02-17 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marco atzeri, Tatsuro MATSUOKA; +Cc: cygwin

Hello Marco

Thank you for your affirmative reply.

The way I installed the packages are described the below

****************************
By setup-x86_64.exe,
cython numpy, matplotlib, wheel, zmq, gcc, g++, gfortran, libopenblas, liblapack-develop packages are installed.

Using  pip, pybind11, scipy, pandas, sympy and jupyterlab are installed

$ python3.9 -m pip install pybind11
$ python3.9 -m pip install scipy==1.6.3
  # (for scipy 1.7.x, compile errors occurred concerning to the boost. The I instelled scipy-1.6.3.
  # BUG: SciPy 1.7.x build failure on Cygwin #15296  https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/15296)
$ python3.9 -m pip install pandas
$ python3.9 -m pip install sympy
$ python3.9 -m pip install jupyterlab

****************************

Tatsuro

* Re: Can the cygwin support scipy, pandas, sympy, jupyterlab?
@ 2022-02-17 11:02   ` Russell VT
From: Russell VT @ 2022-02-17 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA; +Cc: cygwin

FWIW, the general answer to "Can Cygwin do..." ... that's generally a
"Yes." The REAL question is how much you want to do this on Cygwin, versus
trying to do it on just a plain UNIX desktop. But, ultimately, Cygwin can
get you most of the way there, pretty easily ... the very last pieces may
take some more effort.

That said, I believe you are just asking about Python modules. Most of
those may, generally, be easily built through 'pip` and similar
module tools. That said, please reach out if you are having specific
problems with anything in the normal distribution.

Read: Getting the proper X / graphics libraries included enough that you
can generate any specific graphic format may be a more-direct question.

Cheers -
RVT

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 11:37 PM Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2@yahoo.co.jp>
wrote:

> Can the cygwin support scipy, pandas, sympy, jupyterlab?
> The above is very popular in scientific field but the cygwin does not have
> the package.
> I used the internet search and was able to install those package python
> pip install.
> However, if thtse package can be installed without pip install, it will be
> grateful.
>
> Tatsuro
>

> --
> Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Russell M. Van Tassell <russellvt@gmail.com>

* Re: Can the cygwin support scipy, pandas, sympy, jupyterlab?
@ 2022-02-17 10:37   ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2022-02-17 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA; +Cc: cygwin

       [not found] <1167745236.4293.1645083374397.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.co.jp>