* Can't delete cyglsa64.dll
@ 2018-06-19  7:08 Luke Miner
From: Luke Miner @ 2018-06-19  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Do you have any up to date instructions for how to delete cyglsa64.dll when
LSA authentication is enabled?

* Re: Can't delete cyglsa64.dll
@ 2018-06-19  8:06 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2018-06-19  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luke Miner, cygwin

Greetings, Luke Miner!

> Do you have any up to date instructions for how to delete cyglsa64.dll when
> LSA authentication is enabled?

Same as always - don't do that.
Unregister it first, reboot system, then you will be able to delete it.
If you want to replace(update) the library, you can use standard Windows
mechanics to do that.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: Can't delete cyglsa64.dll
@ 2018-06-19  9:20   ` Luke Miner
From: Luke Miner @ 2018-06-19  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks for the advice. Can you point me to a resource for how to unregister
it?

@ 2018-06-19  9:23     ` Csaba Raduly
From: Csaba Raduly @ 2018-06-19  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin list

Hi Luke,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 5:01 AM, Luke Miner  wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. Can you point me to a resource for how to unregister
> it?

http://bfy.tw/3Tb4

Csaba
--
You can get very substantial performance improvements
by not doing the right thing. - Scott Meyers, An Effective C++11/14 Sampler

* Re: Can't delete cyglsa64.dll
@ 2018-06-19  9:54       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2018-06-19  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jun 19 09:07, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 5:01 AM, Luke Miner  wrote:
> > Thanks for the advice. Can you point me to a resource for how to unregister
> > it?
> >

> http://bfy.tw/3Tb4

That's not helpful as far as cyglsa is concerned since this DLL isn't
registered the usual way.  It's a LSA plugin DLL, which gets added to
a LSA-specific registry key.

To "unregister" the cyglsa DLL, you have to manually remove it from
this registry key and reboot.  Only after that you can remove the DLL.

Check out the /usr/bin/cyglsa-config file for the actual registry key
((line 70).

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Can't delete cyglsa64.dll
@ 2018-06-19 10:18         ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2018-06-19 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen, cygwin

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

> On Jun 19 09:07, Csaba Raduly wrote:
>> Hi Luke,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 5:01 AM, Luke Miner  wrote:
>> > Thanks for the advice. Can you point me to a resource for how to unregister
>> > it?
>> >

>> http://bfy.tw/3Tb4

> That's not helpful as far as cyglsa is concerned since this DLL isn't
> registered the usual way.  It's a LSA plugin DLL, which gets added to
> a LSA-specific registry key.

> To "unregister" the cyglsa DLL, you have to manually remove it from
> this registry key and reboot.  Only after that you can remove the DLL.

> Check out the /usr/bin/cyglsa-config file for the actual registry key
> ((line 70).

There's also freely available tools to manipulate LSA and LSP stacks.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...