* Slow Transfer with --exclude parameter..
@ 2021-08-01 22:29 bsampl
From: bsampl @ 2021-08-01 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I noticed, that if I add

--exclude='*.lrc'

in the additional parameters field my file-transfer is slowed down in an
extreme way.

I am saving my music-library with .mp3 and .flac files to an external disc.
.lrc files are the info-files my musicsoftware generates with extra infos
and only a few KB big. It runs quite smoothly without the exclude parameter,
but after I added this parameter Deltacopy Client transfers a group of about
5-10 files as intended, but then seems to pause at a seemingly random file
for a long time. I needed 3 days to transfer about 100 files with around a
maximum of 20MB .flac file and most normal .mp3 audiofiles. Normally I would
have copied my whole Musiclibrary a few times and that time. At the moment
it is more efficient to copy ALL files and manually delete the .lrc files at
the destination. But that can not and should not be, but sadly I cannot find
a log-file with background-infos regarding the transfer to explain this
extreme lag. Is there any way you could tell me what the problem is? I would
be extremely grateful.

Best regards,

Bernhard Sampl

* Re: Slow Transfer with --exclude parameter to DeltaCopy/Client
@ 2021-08-02  7:22 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2021-08-02  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: bsampl

On 2021-08-01 16:29, bsampl--- via Cygwin wrote:
> I noticed, that if I add --exclude='*.lrc' in the additional
> parameters field my file-transfer is slowed down in an extreme way.
> I am saving my music-library with .mp3 and .flac files to an external disc.
> .lrc files are the info-files my musicsoftware generates with extra infos
> and only a few KB big. It runs quite smoothly without the exclude parameter,
> but after I added this parameter Deltacopy Client transfers a group of about
> 5-10 files as intended, but then seems to pause at a seemingly random file
> for a long time. I needed 3 days to transfer about 100 files with around a
> maximum of 20MB .flac file and most normal .mp3 audiofiles. Normally I would
> have copied my whole Musiclibrary a few times and that time. At the moment
> it is more efficient to copy ALL files and manually delete the .lrc files at
> the destination. But that can not and should not be, but sadly I cannot find
> a log-file with background-infos regarding the transfer to explain this
> extreme lag. Is there any way you could tell me what the problem is? I would
> be extremely grateful.

DeltaCopy/Client are not Cygwin programs but Windows programs; please
contact the developers or project responsible for those products for
assistance in diagnosing the root cause of the defect.

* AW: Slow Transfer with --exclude parameter to DeltaCopy/Client
@ 2021-08-02  7:51   ` bsampl
From: bsampl @ 2021-08-02  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am very sorry and wanted to thank you for the fast response.

On 2021-08-01 16:29, bsampl--- via Cygwin wrote:
> I noticed, that if I add --exclude='*.lrc' in the additional
> parameters field my file-transfer is slowed down in an extreme way.
> I am saving my music-library with .mp3 and .flac files to an external disc.
> .lrc files are the info-files my musicsoftware generates with extra
> infos and only a few KB big. It runs quite smoothly without the
> exclude parameter, but after I added this parameter Deltacopy Client
> transfers a group of about
> 5-10 files as intended, but then seems to pause at a seemingly random
> file for a long time. I needed 3 days to transfer about 100 files with
> around a maximum of 20MB .flac file and most normal .mp3 audiofiles.
> Normally I would have copied my whole Musiclibrary a few times and
> that time. At the moment it is more efficient to copy ALL files and
> manually delete the .lrc files at the destination. But that can not
> and should not be, but sadly I cannot find a log-file with
> background-infos regarding the transfer to explain this extreme lag.
> Is there any way you could tell me what the problem is? I would be extremely grateful.

DeltaCopy/Client are not Cygwin programs but Windows programs; please contact the developers or project responsible for those products for assistance in diagnosing the root cause of the defect.

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.