* Re: ACL
       [not found] ` <9d8621f1-cb61-6ebe-d41c-066372c75222@towo.net>
@ 2023-02-21 15:07   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2023-02-21 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: jonathanmoore, Jonathan Chapman-Moore

On 2023-02-21 06:51, Thomas Wolff via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Am 21.02.2023 um 14:10 schrieb Jonathan Chapman-Moore via Cygwin-apps:

ML cygwin-apps is for packagers issues, not general distro or features
discussion, moving to cygwin for followup.

>> I was wondering when ACL was going to be added to Cygwin?

> It's long been available, see /bin/[gs]etfacl

Cygwin has always had to deal with Windows ACLs and ACEs, mostly behind the
scenes following a Solaris model until 1.7, moving towards POSIX in 2.4, then
more comprehensively and overtly from 2.5, to provide RFC and POSIX compliance,
reducing Solaris influence, and better NIS, NFS, and Samba support.
See referenced and earlier:

	https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ov-new.html#ov-new2.5

	https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-02-21 15:07 UTC | newest]