* Gestour Venditravels
@ 2018-04-11  7:34 Angelina Anglade
From: Angelina Anglade @ 2018-04-11  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

*Mise a jour de Gestour Windows...*
*      0 [main] rsync 2052 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to*
*the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com <cygwin@cygwin.com>*

Best regards/ Cordialement/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen

*Angelina Anglade*
Responsable Agence de Voyage

*Vendi*
*\Travels*
68 rue principale
57800 Betting
Tel: +33 3 87 88 56 70
Fax: +33 3 87 88 58 90

* Re: Gestour Venditravels
@ 2018-04-11 13:13 ` Douglas Coup
From: Douglas Coup @ 2018-04-11 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 4/11/2018 3:33 AM, Angelina Anglade wrote:
> *Mise a jour de Gestour Windows...*
> *      0 [main] rsync 2052 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to*
> *the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com <cygwin@cygwin.com>*
>
> Best regards/ Cordialement/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> *Angelina Anglade*
> Responsable Agence de Voyage
>
> *Vendi*
> *\Travels*
> 68 rue principale
> 57800 Betting
> Tel: +33 3 87 88 56 70
> Fax: +33 3 87 88 58 90
>
> --

Please see this item in the Cygwin frequently asked questions:
http://www.cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

If you installed Cygwin directly, you need to upgrade.  If you're using
a product that includes Cygwin, you need to upgrade to a version of that
product that uses a newer Cygwin.

Doug Coup

--
Objective Systems, Inc.
REAL WORLD ASN.1 AND XML SOLUTIONS

* Re: Gestour Venditravels
@ 2018-04-11 13:35 ` Andrey Repin
       [not found]   ` <CACUF44tXeVyY3LfngtEh7S7fJCOc92aQR7h7O-KFcLa=BaXzhA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Andrey Repin @ 2018-04-11 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelina Anglade, cygwin

Greetings, Angelina Anglade!

> *Mise a jour de Gestour Windows...*
> *      0 [main] rsync 2052 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to*
> *the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com <cygwin@cygwin.com>*

This is mostly harmless warning. Which was fixed over a decade ago.
Please see https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings
for details.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: Gestour Venditravels
       [not found]     ` <CAFKU=MkSy+bfFncqKCj_uf0UeYB2sg_eunP3JdDOgm2jDQiz_Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-04-13 11:35       ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2018-04-13 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio Sanchez, cygwin

Greetings, Antonio Sanchez!

No top-posting in the list, please. And retain list messages in list.
And please teach your email client to not quote raw email addresses.

>> Greetings, Angelina Anglade!
>>
 >>> *Mise a jour de Gestour Windows...*
 >>> *      0 [main] rsync 2052 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
 >>> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to*
 >>> *the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com <cygwin@cygwin.com>*
>>
>>  This is mostly harmless warning. Which was fixed over a decade ago.
>>  Please see
>> https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings
>>  for details.

> the problem is not the warning but what comes after that (see screenshot
> attached): a connection timeout to updte.gestour.com and a warning that the program "prjCli.exe" is not found.

> System: We are using it on Windows 10 Pro. The last version of cygwin is
> installed.

You did not read the FAQ entry, did you?
In modern Cygwin, the message is different.

> We have tried in two different computers.
> Firewal: We deactivated our firewall and even tryied using an VPN.

> There is anything we can do about it?

Yes. First, update your Cygwin and ensure it is the only version installed.
Then use simpler network diagnostic tools, such as telnet, to ensure the
address/port you are attempting to connect to is actually reachable.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...