* No Subject
@ 1999-03-28 16:14 Dave Braze
From: Dave Braze @ 1999-03-28 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am having problems compiling C++ programs with b20.1 on Windows 95 sr2.
Since I am trying to use cygwin to learn C++ and unix style tools both, I
don't have a good handle on the relevant terminology, but here it is.

I can't compile a simple "hello world" program. Here it is:

     #include  <iostream>

     int main()
     {
       std::cout << "Hello world!\n";
       exit(0);
     }

I get an error like this (sorry for the long line):

c:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN-B20\H-I586-CYGWIN32\BIN\..\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91.57\collect2.exe
-o hello.exe -s
c:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN-B20\H-I586-CYGWIN32\BIN\..\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91.57\..\..\..\..\i586-cygwin32\lib\crt0.o
-Lc:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN-B20\H-I586-CYGWIN32\BIN\..\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91.57
-Lc:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN-B20\H-I586-CYGWIN32\BIN\..\lib\gcc-lib
-L\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91.57
-Lc:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN-B20\H-I586-CYGWIN32\BIN\..\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91.57\..\..\..\..\i586-cygwin32\lib
-L\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91.57\..\..\..\..\i586-cygwin32\lib
-Lc:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN-B20\H-I586-CYGWIN32\BIN\..\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91.57\..\..\..
hello.o -lgcc -lcygwin -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lgcc
hello.o(.text+0x1e):hello.cc: undefined reference to `cout'
hello.o(.text+0x23):hello.cc: undefined reference to `ostream::operator<<(char
const *)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [hello.exe] Error 1

Incidently I have no problem compiling a 'c'  version of "hello world". It
seems like the problem has to do with linking to the c++  libraries, but I'm
not sure where the problem might be in my installation. When I installed
cygwin I accepted the default install directory. Also, the same error occurs
whether I  use gcc from the command line, or use a trivial make file. I can't
imagine that this should cause a problem, but I do have a version of djgpp
installed on my system (poverty of imagination?).

In any event, all help will be very much appreciated.

-Dave Braze

* No Subject
@ 1999-05-14 10:57 Araujo, Isaque G.
From: Araujo, Isaque G. @ 1999-05-14 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin'

Hi,
	where can i find the function fchown and fchmod ? Thank's.

~/isaque>

  To: egcs

I get the following error message:
../../script: Can't open ../../script

If I move down another level, and type
../../script

I get the following error message:
../../../../script: Can't open ../../../../script

Whatever relative path I add gets doubled.  If I specify the absolute
path:
/cygdrive/g/a/b/script
then everything works.

Has anyone seen this behavior before and know how to fix it?
- Tim

 Timothy L. Taylor                        Internet: ttaylor@mitre.org
 Lead Software Systems Engineer              Voice: (781) 271-8770
 The Mitre Corporation                         Fax: (781) 271-7231
 202 Burlington Rd.                      Mail Stop: B295
 Bedford, Massachusetts 01730-1420

--------------7EE900EEDD73D59704DD6E25

begin:vcard
n:Taylor;Tim
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:The Mitre Corp.
adr:;;202 Burlington Rd. MS/H134;Bedford;MA;01730;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:ttaylor@mitre.org
title:Lead Software Systems Engineer
tel;fax:(617) 271-7063
tel;work:(617) 271-8770
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Tim Taylor
end:vcard

  To: egcs

BTW, debugging a dll loaded at run time is very hard given the available
tools.
The main problen is that I cannot set a breakpoint in the dll code before
actually
does on a ws.
Can someone tell me the magic to get gdb sense the interrupts?

Regards,
--- Glauco Masotti

  To: egcs

BTW, debugging a dll loaded at run time is very hard given the available
tools.
The main problem is that I cannot set a breakpoint in the dll code before

@ 1999-04-30 18:32
From:  @ 1999-04-30 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I also succeded in getting an authonomuos program working fine using the
Cygwin dll
(not with Mingw, but this is another story).
This program makes substantial graphics I/O and I could port it from an X ws
to a Win NT pc, without substantial changes to the sources.

* No Subject
@ 1999-04-30 18:32 cygwin-unsubscribe
  To: egcs

Regards,
Mumit

* No Subject
@ 1999-04-30 18:32

  To: egcs

E:\WINNT\Profiles\cwilson\Desktop\rxvt.exe -fn "Lucida Console-14" -fg
#ffffbf -bg #000040 -sl 2000 -title bash

this works okay - it's pale yellow on dark blue, uses the right font,
has the right title, and implements a scrollback buffer, but it doesn't
run my profile and setup dotfiles. I can enter commands, bash knows that
~ = /e/users/cwilson, etc. etc.

So, add "-e bash --login" to the end of the target. If I do that, the
rxvt window pops up, and immediately disappears. I tried many
permutations of "-e [full DOS path | full cygwin path | executable name
only] [with .exe suffix | without .exe suffix] [--login | -login] [-i]"
but in every case the rxvt window immediately went away.

The following shortcut, which points to an rxvt-2.6PRE2 built with X,
works fine (assuming my Xserver is running <g>):

F:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\usr\local\bin\rxvt.exe -fn sabvga -bg "rgbi:0/0/0"
-fg "rgbi:1/1/1" -sl 2000 -e bash --login

What am I doing wrong?

--Chuck

  To: egcs

  To: egcs

What this means to me is that if someone asks for the sources you can say,
"Sure.  Give me a week to set things up for you on my web/ftp site and
provide me with a $xx processing fee.  Alternatively, if you'd like to
get the latest copy of cygwin you can go to http://sourceware.cygus.com/cygwin/ .
Bear in mind that this copy may not be the one that I used to build my
program but it probably will work just fine for you.  Otherwise, please
let me know if you'd like me to provide the sources on my ftp/web site."

cgf

* No Subject
@ 1999-03-22  1:50 Ace Scir
From: Ace Scir @ 1999-03-22  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

unsubscribe

* No Subject
@ 1999-03-02  8:04 Anjlica Malla
From: Anjlica Malla @ 1999-03-02  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* No Subject
@ 1999-03-01  8:21 John Collins
From: John Collins @ 1999-03-01  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

I'm working with a group that is in the process of migrating Java
development to emacs/NT, JDE, and cygwin make. I've found that the JDE
"build" command, which uses the emacs "compile" function, runs make as a
subprocess. If you do this with the "standard" NT emacs shortcut, the
underlying shell is the NT command processor, and make barfs. If you
explicitly start emacs from bash, then everything works as expected.

So, I tried modifying the shortcut for starting emacs to look like

"bash -c emacs"

and it works, except I get an extra, empty bash window.

Now to the question: Is there a way to start emacs under bash without that
extra window cluttering up the screen? Or do I need to re-define the compile
command to use "bash -c make" instead of just make?

Thanks.

John Collins

KeyTech LLC

  To: egcs

Retaining the DOS Hidden, Archive and System Attributes:

map archive

Default: map archive = yes

map hidden

Default: map hidden = no

map system

Default map system = no

So, to get the Cygnus symlink system attribute to translate accross
SAMBA correctly one must set:

map system = yes

The section goes on to state that map archive, hidden and system use
the UNIX user, group and other execute bits, respectively.

The info below is slightly different, so I'll test it now and post the exact
results.

I apologize for the jumping the gun a bit.

Thanks,

Steve B.

  To: egcs

--Curtis

  To: egcs

$ make -f mt.mak
echo \"hello\"
"hello"

How do I submit this bug?
Does anyone have a workaround?

Carl
zmola@campbellsci.com

  To: egcs

This is a win32-ism. When a user who is a member of the BUILT-IN
Administrators group creates a file, ownership of the file is set to the
BUILT-IN Administrators group. The Win32 API layer is doing this, not the NT
kernel and not NTFS.

  To: egcs

gcc -mwindows winhello.c -o winhello.exe

Try this in bash shell:

gcc -O -mwindows -o winhello.exe winhello.c

/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/i586-cygwin32/bin/ld: cannot open output file
----
Suhaib M. Siddiqi, Ph.D.
Senior Research Chemist
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
4222 Emperor Blvd., Suite 470
Durham, NC 27703-8466

Tel: 919-941-9777 Ext. 238
Fax: 919-941-9797
E-Mail: Ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
http://www.inspirepharm.com

============================

  To: egcs

Regards,
Mumit

* No Subject
@ 1999-02-28 23:02 fortinj

> [...]
>LPARAM lParam)
>{
>   HDC            hdc;
>   PAINTSTRUCT    ps;
>   RECT           rect;
>
>   switch (iMsg) {
>      case WM_CREATE:
>//         PlaySound("hellowin.wav", NULL, SND_FILENAME | SND_ASYNC);
>         return 0;
>      case WM_PAINT:
>         hdc = BeginPaint(hwnd, &ps);
>         GetClientRect(hwnd, &rect);
>         DrawText(hdc, "Hello, Windows NT", -1, &rect,
>                  DT_SINGLELINE | DT_CENTER | DT_VCENTER);
>         EndPaint(hwnd, &ps );
>         return 0;
>      case WM_DESTROY:
>         PostQuitMessage(0);
>         return 0;
>   } /* End switch */
>
>   return DefWindowProc(hwnd, iMsg, wParam, lParam);

* No Subject
@ 1999-02-28 23:02
From:  @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

~: sh try_ash yyy
Test 1 yyy
is not a switch
Test 2 yyy
is not a switch

~: sh try_ash -yyy
Test 1 -yyy
is a switch
Test 2 -yyy
is not a switch

Using sh on a SUN yields:
1-chablis$ sh try_ash yyy
try_ash: bad substitution

Pierre

********************
#This file checks if arg1 is a switch
b=${1%%-*}
echo Test 1 "$1"
if test -z "$b"
then
 echo is a switch
else
 echo is not a switch
fi

#Now it tries a direct test
echo Test 2 "$1"
if test -z "${1%%-*}"
then
 echo is a switch
else
 echo is not a switch
fi

* No Subject
@ 1999-02-05  1:43 Jean-Marc BOUCHER
From: Jean-Marc BOUCHER @ 1999-02-05  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

unsubscribe

* No Subject
@ 1998-12-25 12:48 Jhmorris
From: Jhmorris @ 1998-12-25 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello,
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but, I download the diff
file for egcs-19981213-19981220 and would like to know how to convert it
to a patch file and apply it. Any help would be appreciated.

                         Regards,

                         Jason Morris

                         jhmorris@cyberwaves.com

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-12-01 17:48 Peng Weicheng
From: Peng Weicheng @ 1998-12-01 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

 Sorry , I am a newer using GNU ,
Where I can download a GNU compiler including
cp.exe,rm.exe,uname.exe for win32
Thank you in advanced!

regards
Weicheng Peng
-

* No Subject
@ 1998-11-30 18:35 Jack A Walker
From: Jack A Walker @ 1998-11-30 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I am a newby when it comes to implementing templates and I am having a
problem
with egcs in cygwin b20.  I am running NT 4.0 work station bld 1381 sp 3.
I hoped that
posting this would be helpful to the egcs developers and instructive for
me.

When I try to compile a  test program that includes my lamer fixed capacity
 string
template I get the following error from egcs:

   [main]
   C:\Cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91
   .
   57\cc1plus.exe 1002 (0) handle_exceptions: Exception:
   STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
   [main] cc1plus 1002 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to
   cc1plus.exe.co
   re

I have attached the sources and the core file.  My template, StringT,
doesn't appear to
me to do anything particularly advanced that would agitate an obscure
language feature.  Have I done anything wrong?

Jack Walker

(See attached file: str128t.h)(See attached file: junk.cpp)(See attached
file: cc1plus.exe.core)

[-- Attachment #2: cc1plus.exe.core --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1615 bytes --]

[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) exception: trapped!
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) exception: code 0xC0000005 at 0x49E32D
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) exception: ax 0xA122306 bx 0xA122460 cx 0xA122378 dx 0x0
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) exception: si 0xA03D800 di 0x25DF2DC bp 0x25DF1C0 sp 0x25DF194
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) exception: exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: Stack trace:
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 0: sp = 0x25DEFA8, pc = 0x610098A0
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 1: sp = 0x25DEFE4, pc = 0x77F94512
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 2: sp = 0x25DF008, pc = 0x77F88EEB
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 3: sp = 0x25DF094, pc = 0x77F76266
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 4: sp = 0x25DF1C0, pc = 0x4A3B02
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 5: sp = 0x25DF308, pc = 0x47CB72
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 6: sp = 0x25DF350, pc = 0x47BCEE
[main] cc1plus 1002 (1) stack: frame 7: sp = 0x25DF36C, pc = 0x47BD06
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 8: sp = 0x25DF37C, pc = 0x47BE49
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 9: sp = 0x25DF3E4, pc = 0x47BD86
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 10: sp = 0x25DF3FC, pc = 0x43628A
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 11: sp = 0x25DF42C, pc = 0x460164
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 12: sp = 0x25DFD10, pc = 0x48FB85
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 13: sp = 0x25DFD3C, pc = 0x49328B
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 14: sp = 0x25DFD94, pc = 0x6100438A
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: frame 15: sp = 0x25DFF88, pc = 0x610043A8
[main] cc1plus 1002 (0) stack: End of stack trace (more stack frames may be present)

[-- Attachment #3: junk.cpp --]
[-- Type: text/x-c, Size: 235 bytes --]

#include <iostream>
#include "str128t.h"

//using namespace std;

int main ()
{
    String x = "Jack";
    String y = "Walker";
    String z;
    z = x;
    z += " ";
    z += y;
    cout << z << endl;
    return 0 ;
}

[-- Attachment #4: str128t.h --]
[-- Type: text/x-c++, Size: 2547 bytes --]

#ifndef _STR128_H
#define _STR128_H

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <fstream.h>

static const size_t STRSZ = 128 ;

namespace
{
    template < class t > t min (t x, t y) {return ((x<y)?x:y);}
    template < class t > t max (t x, t y) {return ((x>y)?x:y);}
}

struct StringTBase
{
    virtual size_t Len () = 0 ;
    virtual char* _data_() = 0 ;
    virtual const char* _data_() const = 0 ;
    operator char* () { return _data_() ; }
    operator const char* () const { return _data_() ; }
    friend ostream & operator << (ostream & os, const StringTBase & s)
    {
        os << (s._data_()) ;
        return os ;
    }
} ;

template < size_t sz >
struct StringT : public StringTBase
{
    char* _data_() { return (char*)data ; }
    const char * _data_ () const { return (const char *)data ; }
    StringT () { data[0] = '\0' ; }
    StringT (const char * s)
    {
        size_t n = min(strlen(s) + 1, sz) ;
        memcpy((void*)data,(void*)s,sizeof(char)*n) ;
    }
    StringT (const StringT & s) { strcpy(data,s.data) ; }
    StringT (const StringTBase & x)
    {
        const char * s = x._data_() ;
        size_t n = min(strlen(s) + 1, sz) ;
        memcpy((void*)data,(void*)s,sizeof(char)*n) ;
    }
    StringT & operator = (const StringT & s)
    {
        strcpy(data,s.data) ;
        return *this ;
    }
    StringT & operator = (const StringTBase & x)
    {
        const char * s = x._data_() ;
        size_t n = min(strlen(s) + 1, sz) ;
        memcpy((void*)data,(void*)s,sizeof(char)*n) ;
        return *this ;
    }
    StringT & operator = (const char * s)
    {
        size_t n = min(strlen(s) + 1, sz) ;
        memcpy((void*)data,(void*)s,sizeof(char)*n) ;
        return *this ;
    }
    size_t Len () { return strlen(data) ; }
    int operator == (const StringT & s)
    {
        return (strcmp(data, s.data) == 0) ;
    }
    StringT & operator += (const StringT & s)
    {
        size_t n = sz - Len() - 1 ;
        if  (n > 0)
            strncat(data,s.data,n) ;
        return *this ;
    }
    StringT & operator += (const StringTBase & x)
    {
        const char * s = x._data_() ;
        size_t n = sz - Len() - 1 ;
        if  (n > 0)
            strncat(data,s,n) ;
        return *this ;
    }
    ~StringT () {}
    typedef char _String [sz + 1] ;
    char& operator [] (size_t i) { return data[i] ; }

    private :

    _String data ;
} ;

typedef StringT<STRSZ> String ;
#endif

* No Subject
@ 1998-11-23 12:41 Ugo Matrangolo
From: Ugo Matrangolo @ 1998-11-23 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi!.

I'm a new user of cyg-win32 . Today i tried to recompile some old
c++ code under cyg-win32 B20 under win98 . This program causes a
segment violation :

----- cyg-bug.cc -----
#include <iostream.h>
#include <vector>

int main(void)
{
   int n;

   cout << "Gimme a dimension :";
   cin >> n;

   vector<vector<int> > mymatrix(n);

   for (int i = 0;i < n;i++)
      for (int j = 0;j < n;j++)
         mymatrix[i][j] = 0;

   return 0;
}

---------------------

This program works fine under FreeBSD.

Can anyone tell me if it is a bug or my fault ?

bye .

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-11-20 11:30 John R. Murray
From: John R. Murray @ 1998-11-20 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-11-04 22:40 Keith Carscadden
From: Keith Carscadden @ 1998-11-04 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Using B19 release of gdb and gcc, I recently created a program to test a
function that removed trailing blanks from a string, in place. That is, it
moved \0 to the first of one or more trailing blanks. This would change
"123    " to "123" or "a b c   " to "a b c", for example. To test this, I
created a main, created some strings and called the function. This
combination I tested using gdb, and everything appeared to work as I
expected. However, when I ran the program directly from DOS, it aborted
with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. I eventually realized that the problem was
caused by me passing a pointer to a literal (  char *test1 = "123    "; ),
rather than a pointer to a character array. When I fixed this ( char
test1[] = "123    "; ), the program ran as expected.

My question is, why did this run without an error under gdb, when it
aborted when run under DOS?

Keith

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-10-23  6:03 joz
From: joz @ 1998-10-23  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-10-14  2:27 Emmanuel Bompard
From: Emmanuel Bompard @ 1998-10-14  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello.

I'm interested in using the ssh / rlogin features but I don't know how
to make them work.

It seems "ssh" require a valid User/Pwd ID but I don't know the way to
create "/etc/passwd" and "/etc/shadows" in the Cygnus env.

Any ideas are welcome !

Thanks

Emmanuel Bompard
-

* No Subject
@ 1998-10-08  9:39 stephen_chan
From: stephen_chan @ 1998-10-08  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello:

I have three newbie questions regarding
GNU-Win32.

[1] Which utility do I use to compile .rc files?

[2] Any bugs using native GNU-Win32
     sockets in Windows 95? How about
     wsock32 in Windows 95?

[3] Can I use MFC or OWL with GNU-Win32?

[4] At the Cygnus site under FAQ, "How do I
     use Win32 API calls?". It says to use the
     "-mwindows" flag to link in the basic Win32
     libraries: user32, gdi32 and, IIRC, comdlg32.
     The "-mwindows" switch don't work. Also,
     what is the third library (IIRC)? I tried it,
     but file not found.

Thanks in advance
Stephen
Windows 95

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-09-26 13:38 Charles Granderson
From: Charles Granderson @ 1998-09-26 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

When I tried to install by running cdk.exe on my
PC (running Windows 98), I got the following error:

    Setup Initialization
Error

    Setup is unable to find
installation languages in C:\TMP\SETUP.LID file.

    Error 105

Can you help me.

C. Granderson

* No Subject
@ 1998-08-15  2:26 anangsa
From: anangsa @ 1998-08-15  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,
I've tried to port some apps with b19, i still need winsock 2 & winmm
header anyone can help ?

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-05-31 17:25 Jeremy Ekers
From: Jeremy Ekers @ 1998-05-31 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

leave

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-05-27  2:28 Gilbert Mak
From: Gilbert Mak @ 1998-05-27  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

Can somebody told me how to install the manual suite in the gnu-win32 b19 ?
I have downloaded the whole package, but there no instruction on how to
install the manual.  It seem that there is no man command in the gnu-win32
package.
Thanks

Gilbert.

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-05-21 13:47 gnu-win32-request
From: gnu-win32-request @ 1998-05-21 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

--0__=d4Poye17LeSXJQlW1UiPDiaaKqLKYQZzHVc7YJmzVYINJdXYOV8Q2v1m

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 02:21

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 02:18 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 02:15 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 02:12 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 02:09 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 02:06 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 02:03 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 02:00 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:57 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:54 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:51 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:48 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:45 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:42 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:39 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:36 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:33 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:30 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:27 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:24 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:21 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:18 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:15 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:12 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:09 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:06 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:03 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 01:00 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:57 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:54 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:51 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:48 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:45 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:42 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:39 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:36 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:33 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:30 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:27 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:24 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:21 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:18 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:15 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:12 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:09 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:06 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:03 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/22 12:00 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:57 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:54 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:51 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:48 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:45 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:42 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:39 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:36 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:33 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:30 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:27 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:24 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:21 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:18 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:15 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:12 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:09 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:06 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:03 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 11:00 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 10:57 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 10:54 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249
98/05/21 10:51 ^[$B8a^[(B

^[$B08@h^[(B: shinkim @ ktsafs01.gfk.kyb.co.jp
cc:   gnu-win32 @ cygnus.com (bcc: ^[$BLZB<^[(B ^[$B?B^[(B 89249/KYB)
^[$B7oL>^[(B: [post] Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

 (Embedded
 image moved   khan @ xraylith.wisc.edu
 to file:      98/05/19 08:56 ^[$B8a^[(B
 PIC26891.PCX)

^[$B08@h^[(B: kennya @ Bynet.com

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Steven Marcus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to build egcs1.0.3 on cygwin32 b19.1 (with the latest "russian
> dll") on NT4.
>
> The configure went smoothly - the script recognized cygwin as the
> host. However, after rattling the disk for quite a while the following
> messages were coughed up:
[...]
> Am I trying to do something that is unsupported?

First of all, egcs-1.0.x doesn't support cygwin32 completely, and you need
my patches to get things done right. These are all integrated in the dev
snapshots and will show up in time for egcs-1.1.x. See
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32/releases/patches/
for the patch archive against 1.0.2 (should work with 1.0.3 just fine).
Secondly, the cygnus hierarchy causes some problems unless you provide the
appropriate --prefix and --exec-prefix args to configure. Your mounts
solve the /bin and /usr, but the includes are probably not mounted
accordingly. I've posted on how to do this before, and a search in the
mailing list archive ( http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/ ) should pull
it up.
Regards,
Mumit
-
-

--0__=d4Poye17LeSXJQlW1UiPDiaaKqLKYQZzHVc7YJmzVYINJdXYOV8Q2v1m
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@ 1998-05-17 21:40 Abdul razak
From: Abdul razak @ 1998-05-17 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello,

We are using Windows NT "NET FUNCTIONS" in VC++ environment
for management of user profiles.

The API's we have used are for creation of users and groups on the
"server machines" only.  Please help us to find any API's for
creation of users and groups on the client machines.  So far
we have used the following API's:

NetUserGetInfo
NetUserAdd
NetGroupGetInfo
NetLocalGroupGetInfo
NetLocalGroupAddMembers
NetGroupAddUser

And from Security Functions we have used LookUpAccountName.

Looking forward for your reply....

Thanking You in advance
Razak

* No Subject
@ 1998-05-15  2:45 groeskens
From: groeskens @ 1998-05-15  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-04-21  8:18 Pavel Tzekov
From: Pavel Tzekov @ 1998-04-21  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi, there! :)

WinNT 4.0 + SP3, Cygwin32 b19, egcs 1.0.2, coolview ... I still get the
following error ...

(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 11
93) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 11
93) Dumping stack trace to cc1.exe.core
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 0

--- cc1.exe.core ---
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) Exception trapped!
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) exception C0000005 at 40C96E
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) exception: ax 2FAE3E7 bx 0 cx 1D0 dx 2B91A0C
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) exception: si 253F720 di 0 bp 253F6A4 sp 253F530
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) Stack trace:
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 0: sp = 0x253F260, pc = 0x10009E58
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 1: sp = 0x253F380, pc = 0x77F94512
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 2: sp = 0x253F3A4, pc = 0x77F88EEB
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 3: sp = 0x253F430, pc = 0x77F76266
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 4: sp = 0x253F6A4, pc = 0x407055
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 5: sp = 0x253FBB0, pc = 0x4291F1
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 6: sp = 0x253FBDC, pc = 0x42BBB1
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 7: sp = 0x253FC38, pc = 0x10006A01
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 8: sp = 0x253FF94, pc = 0x10006A13
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 9: sp = 0x253FFA0, pc = 0x51EF2A
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 10: sp = 0x253FFB0, pc = 0x40103A
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 11: sp = 0x253FFC0, pc = 0x77F1B304
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) frame 12: sp = 0x253FFF0, pc = 0x0
(D:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.27\cc1.ex
e 1193) End of stack trace

-

* lib-www on Win95/cygwin32 - (some) success!
@ 1998-02-09 13:06 James G. Stallings II
From: James G. Stallings II @ 1998-02-09 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: www-lib; +Cc: gnu-win32

Greetings, Lists!  Just in case anybody gives a rats ass ;p I finally made
some ground with lib-www on my win95 machine. The big stroke, as it turns
out, is to use cygwin32 from cygnus (www.cygnus.com). This is a really
decent piece of work, and when tweaked to perfection provides a unix-like
environment in which to operate gcc (and other software) that is good
enough to twist this win95 box into an eerie mix of M$W and bash$.

Toss in some good support binaries for awk, grep, and sed, and I was able
to generate config.h and compile most of the library source without
trouble. The compile eventually crashed with a complaint about 'timezone'
not being defined. I did have to tweak an apparently dain-bramaged bit of
the 'configure' script that seemed to prevent building for anything but
SunO$ architecture; I didn't quite get that one.

An interesting note: when it exited, it did so on a SIG33. It claimed an
internal compiler error. I'd be interested to know what exactly a SIG33
represents.

Any Takers?

Cheers to you all!
-James

To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.
                -- Robert Heller

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-02-03  3:05 Keith_Graham/Commetrex
From: Keith_Graham/Commetrex @ 1998-02-03  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I'm using the gnu-win32 tools to give me access to the Unix tools on NT
(rather than specifically using the tools to compile Unix code on NT.)

As such, having mixed case is not the preferred solution, as has been
pointed out in previous discussions.

I see where someone posted some patches that appear to change bash's
wildcard expansion to support mixed case.

As an alternate solution, it appears that it wouldn't be very difficult to
put a flag on mount, to make an entire drive be "lower case" only.  i.e.
any directory read would see entirely lower case entries.  This is
non-optimal for things like "README", but 99% of the time, I believe it
would be the "correct" behavior.

And by setting it based on the mountpoint, NFS mounted drives or other
mixed case devices would still work.

Comments?  Would this require any changes out of the winsup directory?
Would this cause any problems with any standard tools?

Keith Graham
skg@sadr.com
kgraham@commetrex.com

-

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-01-26 12:05 DHARWADA SUDHAKAR
From: DHARWADA SUDHAKAR @ 1998-01-26 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I am new to Gnuwin32.

I am using NT machine with Pentium processor and memory is 64 MB.

I found that bash is very slow. Whenever I type
a command , which is not existing, I have to wait for
nearly 3 minutes to get
the message 'command not
found'.
Do I need to change my system settings to improve the
performance of bash?

Please reply to dharwadas@mastech.com

Regards,
Sudhakar.

* No Subject
@ 1998-01-21 22:08 Bruce N. Hunsaker
From: Bruce N. Hunsaker @ 1998-01-21 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I have searched the archives but haven't seen this one
reported yet (but I might have missed it).

du reports sizes in 2k blocks.  It should report sizes using
a block size of 1k.

Example:
	$ ls -l du.exe
	-rwxr-x-r-x   1 all    Everyone   22016 May 08 1997 du.exe
	$ du du.exe
	11  du.exe

The correct output of du should be:
	22  du.exe

Looking at the source I changed 2 lines of code to fix this problem.
Change the line that says:
	size =ST_NBLOCKS(stat_buf)
	size =(stat_buf.st_size + 511) / 512;
I wonder what's wrong the the ST_NBLOCKS macro?
Second change:
	convert_blocks( size, output_size == kilobytes)
	convert_blocks( size, output_size)
This looks like a bug in the code, and might be fixed if there is a
newer version of GNU fileutils.

Also, performance is quite bad.  It is better with the patched
cygwin.dll in coolview, but du should still be much faster. (See
similar problems with find and ls...)

---
Bruce Hunsaker - bruceh@ieighty.net

-

* No Subject
@ 1998-01-15 15:16 Daniyal Syed
From: Daniyal Syed @ 1998-01-15 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

LEAVE

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-12-29  3:03 Peter Boncz
From: Peter Boncz @ 1997-12-29  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

This is a discussion between me and Bart Anderson (banders@ecd.rockwell.com)
which I would like to bring back to the mailing list.

The problem is compiling coolview on W95. Admittedly a crazy
idea, but some people (including me) really want to do it.

Problem #1 is that if you do a ./configure the following make chokes
on the c++ files in the winsup/ directory. This problem I could resolve
with a simple hack.

My fix in the Makefile for the .cc files is in the .cc.o line.
As a quick hack, I simply replaced the compiler variable by g++
the include variable by their actual values *minus* the -nostdinc

Then on to Problem #2, which is more serious.

It then compiles fine and produces a new-cygwin.dll. The trouble starts
when you try to actually use it. All dependent programs that try to start
fail with an error that there is no "r.dll".
If you put a dummy r.dll in the directory, it goes on, but
only to complain about a missing "|.dll".

The most probable explanation is that the created cygwin.dll has
a 'dependency dll section' or something like it, which is
corrupted. It should be empty but it contains that characters
'r' and '|' (in my case, anyway).

This may or may not have something to do with the seek trouble,
signalled in the  [Did  _you_ ever try to compile..] thread on
this list, also talked about earlier, in July 1997.

In the mailing list archives I myself found a dllfix.exe program
providid by a guy called Greathouse (july 1997).
This program claims to fix the end part of my dll (it indeed says
that mine wrong and claims to fix it), but it doesn't resolve my problem.

Moreover, I inspected the end of the dll and it seems to contain
routine names in the library, not a 'dependency section'.
I could speculate that not only in the end, but also in other
sections of the dll the 'garbage on seek past eof' occurs.

If anybody knows anything, please help.

I wish you a thread-safe 1998,

Peter Boncz
-

* No Subject
@ 1997-11-18 12:51 Len Langsdorf
From: Len Langsdorf @ 1997-11-18 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

subscibe
-

* No Subject
@ 1997-11-17  9:50 Capron, Craig W
From: Capron, Craig W @ 1997-11-17  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'

Greetings!  I am new to programming and newer to Cygnus software, so I
beg your sufferance.  I have recently installed Cygnus' gnu-win32, b18,
and everything seems to be working fine except the compiler.  I've
written the following simple program named 'welcome.C':

	// A first program in C++

	#include <iostream.h>

	main(){
	  cout << "Welcome to C++!\n";

	  // indicate that program ended successfully
	  return 0;
	}

. . . but when I ran g++ I received the following error message:

	(unknown) heap_init: unable to allocate heap, win32 error 87
	cygwin: terminating
	(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
	(unknown) Exception trapped!
	(unknown) exception C0000005 at 1001E4B2
	(unknown) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx 501 dx FFFFFFFF
	(unknown) exception: si 5C62696C di 5C32336E bp 241FB30 sp
241FB30
	(unknown) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
	(unknown) Stack trace:
	(unknown) frame 0: sp = 0x241F964, pc = 0x1001282A
	(unknown) frame 1: sp = 0x241F980, pc = 0x77F94512
	(unknown) frame 2: sp = 0x241F9A4, pc = 0x77F88EEB
	(unknown) frame 3: sp = 0x241FA30, pc = 0x77F76266
	(unknown) frame 4: sp = 0x241FB30, pc = 0x10011D4D
	(unknown) frame 5: sp = 0x241FB44, pc = 0x10018972
	(unknown) frame 6: sp = 0x241FB5C, pc = 0x10011615
	(unknown) frame 7: sp = 0x241FF94, pc = 0x10011BFF
	(unknown) frame 8: sp = 0x241FFA0, pc = 0x4118D5
	(unknown) frame 9: sp = 0x241FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
	(unknown) frame 10: sp = 0x241FFC0, pc = 0x77F1B304
	(unknown) frame 11: sp = 0x241FFF0, pc = 0x0
	(unknown) End of stack trace
	(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
	(unknown) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
	(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
	(unknown) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
	(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
	(Blah, blah, blah, . . . repeats the last two lines ad nauseum)

I have run it from both the bash and the CMD prompt with the same
results.  I'm assuming that I've got something misconfigured somewhere,
but I've looked in all the places I know to look and I'm just not
finding it.  I hope this looks familiar to someone.

My system is an IBM PC350, 133-Mhz Pentium running Windows NT Server
v4.0 with service pack 3 installed.  Thanks in advance for any help
and/or sympathetic grimaces offered.

cwc
-

* No Subject
@ 1997-10-24 13:18 cmeis
From: cmeis @ 1997-10-24 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Chris Meisenzahl
10/24/97 04:28 PM

Everyone,

I have been using VC++ 4.0 and 5.0.  I would like to try these tools.  Does
anyone know where they might be available on a CD?  Maybe Walnut Creek or
something like that?

I don't have the throughput to download the CDK right now. Does anyone know
of a reseller selling the collection on a CD via mail order or anything
like that?

Any info would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Meisenzahl
c_meisenzahl@juno.com

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-10-17  2:59 mjiinas
From: mjiinas @ 1997-10-17  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

	Hi...  I'm an experienced C programmer, but new to C++ and Windows programming.  I
recently bought a book on Win95 programming, and it contained some source code for a very
simple example program of which I'll include later.  I've tried to compile this simple
program, but failed.  I get spammed with several "undefined reference to" error messages.
	Also, on another note, is there a way to download all the Cygnus docs off the net
without doing it page by page?  This is extremely annoying.  DJGPP has a very informative
and useful INFO command.  I don't want to spend hours on-line every time I want to refer to
the docs, or have a folder full of a jumble of documents with a confusing list of pages.
	Okay, back to the code...   They are listed as follows.
	1: compile command line.
	2: LISTING2.H
	3: LISTING2.CPP
	4: LISTING2.RC

	Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...  ^_^

g++ listing2.cpp -lstdc++

	LISTING2.H

#define IDM_EXIT           100
#define IDM_TEST           200
#define IDM_ABOUT          301

#define IDC_TEXT           101
#define IDC_EDIT           102
#define IDC_BTN            103

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc  (HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM);
LRESULT CALLBACK About    (HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM);

	LISTING2.CPP

#include <windows.h>
#include "listing2.h"

#if defined (WIN32)
	#define IS_WIN32 TRUE
#else
	#define IS_WIN32 FALSE
#endif

#define IS_NT      IS_WIN32 && (BOOL)(GetVersion() < 0x80000000)
#define IS_WIN32S  IS_WIN32 && (BOOL)(!(IS_NT) && (LOBYTE(LOWORD(GetVersion()))<4))
#define IS_WIN95   (BOOL)(!(IS_NT) && !(IS_WIN32S)) && IS_WIN32

HINSTANCE hInst;   // current instance

LPCTSTR lpszAppName  = "MyApp";
LPCTSTR lpszTitle    = "Listing 3-2";

BOOL RegisterWin95( CONST WNDCLASS* lpwc );

int APIENTRY WinMain( HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                      LPTSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
{
   MSG      msg;
   HWND     hWnd;
   WNDCLASS wc;

   // Register the main application window class.
   //............................................
   wc.style         = CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW;
   wc.lpfnWndProc   = (WNDPROC)WndProc;
   wc.cbClsExtra    = 0;
   wc.cbWndExtra    = 0;
   wc.hInstance     = hInstance;
   wc.hIcon         = LoadIcon( hInstance, lpszAppName );
   wc.hCursor       = LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW);
   wc.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)(COLOR_WINDOW+1);
   wc.lpszMenuName  = lpszAppName;
   wc.lpszClassName = lpszAppName;

   if ( IS_WIN95 )
   {
      if ( !RegisterWin95( &wc ) )
         return( FALSE );
   }
   else if ( !RegisterClass( &wc ) )
      return( FALSE );

   hInst = hInstance;

   // Create the main application window.
   //....................................
   hWnd = CreateWindow( lpszAppName,
                        lpszTitle,
                        WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,
                        CW_USEDEFAULT, 0,
                        CW_USEDEFAULT, 0,
                        NULL,
                        NULL,
                        hInstance,
                        NULL
                      );

   if ( !hWnd )
      return( FALSE );

   ShowWindow( hWnd, nCmdShow );
   UpdateWindow( hWnd );

   while( GetMessage( &msg, NULL, 0, 0) )
   {
      TranslateMessage( &msg );
      DispatchMessage( &msg );
   }

   return( msg.wParam );
}

BOOL RegisterWin95( CONST WNDCLASS* lpwc )
{
   WNDCLASSEX wcex;

   wcex.style         = lpwc->style;
   wcex.lpfnWndProc   = lpwc->lpfnWndProc;
   wcex.cbClsExtra    = lpwc->cbClsExtra;
   wcex.cbWndExtra    = lpwc->cbWndExtra;
   wcex.hInstance     = lpwc->hInstance;
   wcex.hIcon         = lpwc->hIcon;
   wcex.hCursor       = lpwc->hCursor;
   wcex.hbrBackground = lpwc->hbrBackground;
   wcex.lpszMenuName  = lpwc->lpszMenuName;
   wcex.lpszClassName = lpwc->lpszClassName;

   // Added elements for Windows 95.
   //...............................
   wcex.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX);
   wcex.hIconSm = LoadImage(wcex.hInstance, lpwc->lpszClassName,
                            IMAGE_ICON, 16, 16,
                            LR_DEFAULTCOLOR );

   return RegisterClassEx( &wcex );
}

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND hWnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam )
{
static HWND hText = NULL;
static HWND hEdit = NULL;
static HWND hBtn  = NULL;

   switch ( uMsg )
   {
      case WM_COMMAND :
              switch( LOWORD( wParam ) )
              {
                 case IDM_TEST :
                        hText = CreateWindow( "STATIC", "Static Text",
                                              WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | SS_LEFT,
                                              10, 10, 100, 15,
                                              hWnd,
                                              (HMENU)IDC_TEXT,
                                              hInst, NULL );

                        hEdit = CreateWindow( "EDIT", "",
                                              WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE |
                                                ES_LEFT | WS_BORDER,
                                              110, 8, 100, 20,
                                              hWnd,
                                              (HMENU)IDC_EDIT,
                                              hInst, NULL );

                        hBtn = CreateWindow( "BUTTON", "Push Button",
                                             WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE |
                                             BS_PUSHBUTTON,
                                             50, 50, 100, 32,
                                             hWnd,
                                             (HMENU)IDC_BTN,
                                             hInst, NULL );
                        break;

                 case IDM_ABOUT :
                        DialogBox( hInst, "AboutBox", hWnd, (DLGPROC)About );
                        break;

                 case IDM_EXIT :
                        DestroyWindow( hWnd );
                        break;
              }
              break;

      case WM_DESTROY :
              PostQuitMessage(0);
              break;

      default :
            return( DefWindowProc( hWnd, uMsg, wParam, lParam ) );
   }

   return( 0L );
}

LRESULT CALLBACK About( HWND hDlg,
                        UINT message,
                        WPARAM wParam,
                        LPARAM lParam)
{
   switch (message)
   {
       case WM_INITDIALOG:
               return (TRUE);

       case WM_COMMAND:
               if (   LOWORD(wParam) == IDOK
                   || LOWORD(wParam) == IDCANCEL)
               {
                       EndDialog(hDlg, TRUE);
                       return (TRUE);
               }
               break;
   }

   return (FALSE);
}

	LISTING2.RC

#include "windows.h"
#include "listing2.h"

MYAPP                ICON    DISCARDABLE     "GENERIC.ICO"

MYAPP MENU DISCARDABLE
BEGIN
    POPUP "&File"
    BEGIN
        MENUITEM "E&xit",                   IDM_EXIT
    END
    MENUITEM "Test!",                       IDM_TEST
    POPUP "&Help"
    BEGIN
        MENUITEM "&About Listing 3-2...",   IDM_ABOUT
    END
END

ABOUTBOX DIALOG 22, 17, 171, 43
STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
CAPTION "Listing 3-2"
FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif"
{
   CONTROL "MyApp", -1, "STATIC", SS_ICON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 3, 2, 16, 16
   CONTROL "Generic Application", -1, "STATIC", SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP,
28, 4, 100, 8
   CONTROL "OK", IDOK, "BUTTON", BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP |
WS_TABSTOP, 116, 26, 50, 14
}

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-10-04 18:46 Tomcat
From: Tomcat @ 1997-10-04 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Now when I finnaly installed CDK, I just want to say few words:

VERY GOOD JOB FELLOWS!

Vladimir Prelovac
tomcat@galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu

P.S.: I compiled my 65000 lines long project with only 5 minor adjustments to the code!

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-09-30 19:03 Hyung Kuk Kang
From: Hyung Kuk Kang @ 1997-09-30 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

How can i install if i do not have Windows NT/95?

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-09-26 17:34 Xiang Zhiqiang
From: Xiang Zhiqiang @ 1997-09-26 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

  I want to complier MUDOS(mainly driver for MUD)
in Win95,how can I get a C complier(like make and gcc
in UNIX) in Win95?
  Thank you!
-

* No Subject
@ 1997-09-18 10:13 Eugene.Bregman
From: Eugene.Bregman @ 1997-09-18 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me where I can find TAR  (source code and
binaries)
as a single application for NT, not as part of CDK.

Thank you,
Eugene

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-08-31 13:43 Felix Abundiz Charles
From: Felix Abundiz Charles @ 1997-08-31 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Windows NT developers list server',
	'Windows NT Give and Take Forum',
	'Windows NT HTTPS List',
	'Windows NT on the Internet',
	'Windows NT/Lan Manager issue List'

Alguien sabe como hacer un trigger o un evento que se dispare cuando
por ejemplo un usuario copie cierto archivo al servidor

Felix Abundiz Charles
mailto:fabundiz@gfnorte.com.mx
http:\\www.gfnorte.com.mx
-

* No Subject
@ 1997-08-29  3:25 ROHITVERMA
From: ROHITVERMA @ 1997-08-29  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

     Hi,

     I am a novice in the area of system programming who has been asked to
     replicate the functionality of fork on NT within a week.

     I have understood the steps taken during the fork in UNIX.However,on
     going throuh fork.cc and other files,I get confused in the actual flow
     of the process.

     Can you please help me by listing
     a)the files which contain the complete implementation of fork
     b)the flow of the process(a description which is more detailed than
     that provided in the FAQ is needed.)

     Thanks & regards,
     Rohit Verma

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-08-16 20:30 IGnatius T Foobar
From: IGnatius T Foobar @ 1997-08-16 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I noticed that a lot of people are talking about "Sergey's telnetd".
Someone please tell me more about this program.  I assume it's been
configured to allow inbound telnet to either bash or some other program
running on an NT box?  I would also presume that someone has an inetd of
some sort working?

 Please direct me to these programs, if they are available.

 I would also like to know how one goes about configuring a program like
inetd to automatically start up when NT is booted ... in essence, to set
it up as a "service", I guess.

 Thanks in advance!

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-07-29 17:44 Ismael Jurado
From: Ismael Jurado @ 1997-07-29 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeffdb; +Cc: gnu-win32

I've been doing the job of porting the examples of Petzold's book
"Programing
Windows 95" (now I'm busy with other work, soon I'll post the results)
and I'd
found the same problem with unamed unions under gcc. As I see in your
diff
file you just make this change to the headers:

from MS:
        typedef struct tagFoo {
           int x;
           union {
              int a;
              char b;
           };
           double x;
        } Foo;

from you:
        typedef struct tagFoo {
           int x;
           union {
              int a;
              char b;
           } u1;         <----- you give a name
           double x;
        } Foo;

and then use that name to acces the members in the program code:

from MS:
	... //other code
	Foo foo;
	foo.a=25;
	... //more code

from you:
	... //other code
	Foo foo;
	foo.u1.a=25;
	    ^^ dummy union name
	... //more code

But once you give a name to the nested union in the .h file, you can
acces any data menber as the original MS code, you don't have to include
the
"u1"!, at least in beta 17.1. I hope this will make a smaller diff file.

Ismael Jurado
ismaelj@hotmail.com

* No Subject
@ 1997-07-18  1:37 ycdtosa
From: ycdtosa @ 1997-07-18  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi, I'm new arround here ant this is my first mail to the list.
First of all :
	Thanks, guys. gnu-win32 almost saved my life.

A problem.
I'm working on a little compiler for 'shading language', and I wanna do it
in C++
I know very little about Flex++ but I did compile my lexical analizer all
right
I did even get a main() which does call the FlexLexer class (the only lexer
I need)
and get the return values.... But here is the problem ... How do I build th
parser
(bison , yacc, byacc or whatever in C++)
	Is there any byacc++ , bison++, yacc++ which does know how to call the
flexer?
	Is there any news group about this?

Thanks in advantage
ycdtosa@icsa.es

* No Subject
@ 1997-07-17  6:00 Lionel Boy
From: Lionel Boy @ 1997-07-17  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I failed do install the developments tools. I download the split
files and succesfully make the " cdk.exe" file by doing:

copy /b xaa + ... + xaj cdk.exe

but when in run "cdk.exe" i get a incomprehensible:

"the decompression of %s failed, there may not be enough free disk
space available in the TEMP directory"

someone can you help me ?

[parent not found: <33C62C17.4AAC@cyberalink.com.au>]
* No Subject
@ 1997-06-27 16:55 Jeff Solomon
From: Jeff Solomon @ 1997-06-27 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

TO ALL THOSE WITH PROBLEMS CHANGING THE MOUNT OF / TO SOMETHING
ELSE, READ ON:

The key is to use the handy 'umount' command first. The problem is that
the default is for c: to be mounted as '/'. You need to unmount this
first before you mount f: or e: or whatever: to '/'. Try this:

umount c:
mount e: /

maybe your wondering why its not named 'unmount', well historically it's been
called umount as a standard UNIX utility.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-06-05 18:47 John Cerney
From: John Cerney @ 1997-06-05 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Soeller; +Cc: gnu-win32

> > I, too, have been spending my weekends trying to build perl 5.004 on
> > cygwin 95.
> >
> > > I applied the patch that Chris Faylor kindly sent me.
> >
> > Same here.  The patch helped, but the big issue remains: DLLs do not
> > get dynaloaded.  btw, Chris Faylor used NT.  He tells me the XS
> > modules do load properly.
> >

> Could this be related to the problems reported building DLLs under
> Win95 for X11? There the win95 generated DLLs seemed to contain
> garbage characters due to a possible error in fseek, etc while
> the WinNT generated DLLs seemed to work.
>

>   Christian

I can verify this. I have seen problems building perl extension lib DLLs on
windows 95 (not NT) due to garbage characters after the base relocation section
of the dll. It seems that if the base relocation section is not terminated by
zeros, then the DLL won't load. DLLs built under windows 95 with gnuwin32
appear to have garbage characters at the end of the base relocation section.
This appears to happen somewhat randomly. Sometimes the DLL will build fine,
sometimes it won't.

I built a simple program that will test for this condition (base relocation
section not being terminated by zeros). I will attach it to this message. Just
type dllcheck <dllname> to use. It will indicate if the DLL is OK or not.

I am currently using this program for building a port of perl/tk I am working
on. On windows 95, I have a script setup to keep building a DLL until the
dllcheck program says it is OK. This sometimes takes rebuilding the DLL 3 to 4
times until it builds OK, without the garbage characters at the end of the base
relocation section.

-John

[-- Attachment #2: dllcheck.exe --]
[-- Type: application/x-dosexec, Size: 45568 bytes --]

* No Subject
@ 1997-04-26 12:35 Sergio.Valle
From: Sergio.Valle @ 1997-04-26 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

 Hello there !

 I am a student at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne. I want
 to develop an ODBC application in C++ to access "Access 97" running under
 Windows 95. I have chosen gcc compiler because it offers the possibility of
 manipulating UNIX sockets. To obtain the executable file I must link the
 ODBC Driver Manager DLL (free available at Microsoft site) with my source
file,
 HOW CAN I DO IT ? IS IT POSSIBLE ?

 I saw a library called "libodbc32.a" in the compiler's "lib" directory but no
 header file for the ODBC interface. WHAT IS THIS LIBRARY FOR ?

 Thank you,

 	Sergio Valle , Lausanne 26 April 1997.

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-04-05 17:28 gnu-win32-request
From: gnu-win32-request @ 1997-04-05 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

signoff
Masaki. Tsuyuki

 Software Products Section   Open System Department  Technical Division
 ADAM NET LTD.
  E-Mail : tsuyuki@adamnet.co.jp
  TEL    : +81 3-5802-2257
  FAX    : +81 3-5802-2219

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-04-01 19:23 SLeBas
From: SLeBas @ 1997-04-01 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Stephen Le Bas
04/02/97 12:52 PM

unsubscribe

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-03-28 13:27 Hiren Desai
From: Hiren Desai @ 1997-03-28 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Is there a "enscipt" like utility to print in two column for Window 95 or NT.

Also is there an "mkid" and "gid" for Window 95 or NT.

Thanks for your help

Hiren
-

* No Subject
@ 1997-03-06 22:02 A. Phillip Smith
From: A. Phillip Smith @ 1997-03-06 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Has anyone found a way to include resource compiler output ?

Thanks

-

* No Subject
@ 1997-02-28  5:34 news