* Dumb question: Where to get GNU Make for Windows NT
@ 1999-06-24 12:20 Karr, David
From: Karr, David @ 1999-06-24 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin'

This should be obvious, but I've been looking at all the GNU/Windows sites,
and I just can't find the GNU Make distribution for Windows NT.  Please
educate me.

* Re: Dumb question: Where to get GNU Make for Windows NT
@ 1999-06-24 13:44 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-06-24 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karr, David; +Cc: 'cygwin'

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 12:20:49PM -0700, Karr, David wrote:
>This should be obvious, but I've been looking at all the GNU/Windows sites,
>and I just can't find the GNU Make distribution for Windows NT.  Please
>educate me.

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

cgf

* Re: Dumb question: Where to get GNU Make for Windows NT
@ 1999-06-30 22:10   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karr, David; +Cc: 'cygwin'

@ 1999-06-30 22:10 ` Karr, David

From: Karr, David @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin'

Duh.  I had originally just downloaded "usertools", and didn't realize that
"full" had what I was looking for.

I'm now trying to install "full", and I'm getting an error during
installation.  The progress window shows "Installing Tools and Support Files
...", and is about 48% through that, when I get the following untitled
dialog:

	TITLE_CAPTIONBAR - entry not found in string table

And after that:

	An error occurred during the move data process: -103
	Component: Install
	FileGroup:

@ 1999-06-30 22:10   ` Brendan Simon
From: Brendan Simon @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karr, David; +Cc: 'cygwin'

"Karr, David" wrote:

> I'm downloading from Netscape.  If it had downloaded in non-binary mode, I
> wouldn't have gotten as far as I did.

I would try a dedicated FTP client.  WS-FTP or a command line ftp.

Brendan Simon.

From: Karr, David @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin'

	----------
From: Karr, David @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin'

	On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 02:23:14PM -0700, Karr, David wrote:
	>Duh.  I had originally just downloaded "usertools", and didn't
realize that
	>"full" had what I was looking for.
	>
	>I'm now trying to install "full", and I'm getting an error during
	>installation.  The progress window shows "Installing Tools and
Support Files
	>...", and is about 48% through that, when I get the following
untitled
	>dialog:
	>
	>	TITLE_CAPTIONBAR - entry not found in string table
	>
	>And after that:
	>
	>	An error occurred during the move data process: -103
	>	Component: Install
	>	FileGroup:
	>	File:

	That probably indicates that the file you downloaded is corrupted.
	You'll probably have to download the file again.

	cgf

From: Karr, David @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin'

I've resolved this.  I had an existing installation (was just "usertools").
Apparently the "full" installation had some trouble dealing with an existing
installation.  I wasn't uninstalling the old one at first because it was
failing to uninstall it, but I fixed that, allowing it to finish
uninstalling, which then allowed "full" to finish installing successfully.

	----------

From: Karr, David @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin'

I tried normal FTP, making absolutely sure it is in binary mode, and it
still has the same symptom.  As I described before, the executable is
probably being downloaded correctly, as I'm able to execute "full.exe"
without an error.  It's just after the install process runs for a while that
I get this particular error.

	----------

@ 1999-06-30 22:10   ` Ross Smith
From: Ross Smith @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)