* stty
@ 1999-06-25 10:50 David Stuart
From: David Stuart @ 1999-06-25 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse by bringing this topic up, but has
anyone figured out how to get the stty settings to work in bash?

stty intr, susp, kill, etc.

None of these commands seem to work, or work strangely (^C, for instance).
I realize it's probably a DOS/unix difference in the tty, but still,
is there a workaround?

Dave
--
David Stuart, INM GUI Framework Designer
Extension: 39-54989

* Re: stty
@ 1999-06-26 11:02 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-06-26 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Stuart; +Cc: cygwin

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 01:49:45PM -0400, David Stuart wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I hope I'm not beating a dead horse by bringing this topic up, but has
>anyone figured out how to get the stty settings to work in bash?
>
>stty intr, susp, kill, etc.
>
>None of these commands seem to work, or work strangely (^C, for instance).
>I realize it's probably a DOS/unix difference in the tty, but still,
>is there a workaround?

You can either set CYGWIN=tty prior to running bash or use a recent
snapshot.

cgf

* Re: stty
@ 1999-06-30 22:10   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Stuart; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-06-30 22:10 ` David Stuart

From: David Stuart @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor

Thanks,

this seems to result in somewhat unstable behavior for running DOS
applications (vim and gvim, for example)..

So I guess I will have to live with it not having all the stty settings,
if I want to interwork with NT applications?

Dave

* Re: stty
@ 1999-06-30 22:10   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Stuart; +Cc: Chris Faylor

Since the 'tty emulation' mode uses pipes for communication, it does
cause some problems with programs who are expecting their stdin/stdout
to be an actual console.

If it is just vim that is giving you problems, then you can always use
a cygwin-specific version.

Basically, the only way you're going to be able to get the functionality
that you want is if you use pure-cygwin applications.  Even if a
non-cygwin program operates fine in CYGWIN=tty mode, it will not
understand Cygwin's conventions for setting things like 'intr', 'susp',
'kill', etc.

cgf

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 08:04:56AM -0500, David Stuart wrote:
>this seems to result in somewhat unstable behavior for running DOS
>applications (vim and gvim, for example)..
>
>So I guess I will have to live with it not having all the stty settings,
>if I want to interwork with NT applications?
>
>Dave

* Re: stty
@ 1999-06-28 18:17 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-06-28 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Stuart; +Cc: Chris Faylor

Since the 'tty emulation' mode uses pipes for communication, it does
cause some problems with programs who are expecting their stdin/stdout
to be an actual console.

If it is just vim that is giving you problems, then you can always use
a cygwin-specific version.

Basically, the only way you're going to be able to get the functionality
that you want is if you use pure-cygwin applications.  Even if a
non-cygwin program operates fine in CYGWIN=tty mode, it will not
understand Cygwin's conventions for setting things like 'intr', 'susp',
'kill', etc.

cgf

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 08:04:56AM -0500, David Stuart wrote:
>this seems to result in somewhat unstable behavior for running DOS
>applications (vim and gvim, for example)..
>
>So I guess I will have to live with it not having all the stty settings,
>if I want to interwork with NT applications?
>
>Dave

* RE: stty
@ 1999-06-28  6:08 David Stuart
From: David Stuart @ 1999-06-28  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)