* history -r not working
@ 1999-06-24 11:24 Tong Sun
From: Tong Sun @ 1999-06-24 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello cygwin users,

Sorry for so many questions, I'm new to cygwin. :-(

I found that my history is not preserved by cygwin. After more survey
into it, I found that all history command parameters works but -o.
I.e., I can use history -o to show previous session's history, use -c
to clear current session, just -r not working.

have you noticed that? what's the work around? thanks

Best regards,

--      Tong SUN                ____________________________
  __________________________   ((__________     * Want to hear music
              ))     __________________)_)_)      from the heavens?
             ((                                 * Come to my site!
  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/2659
  My personal contribution to the Internet -- freeware.

* Re: history -r not working
@ 1999-06-24 14:12 ` Ian T Zimmerman
From: Ian T Zimmerman @ 1999-06-24 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Tong Sun <suntong@geocities.com> writes:

> Hello cygwin users,
>
> Sorry for so many questions, I'm new to cygwin. :-(
>
> I found that my history is not preserved by cygwin. After more survey
> into it, I found that all history command parameters works but -o.
> I.e., I can use history -o to show previous session's history, use -c
> to clear current session, just -r not working.
>
> have you noticed that? what's the work around? thanks

This is a binary/text issue in readline.  It will go away if you use
binary mount.  Check with Earnie first :-)

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.

* history -r not working