* gcc -o
@ 1999-06-30 16:53 Radu Grosu
From: Radu Grosu @ 1999-06-30 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: grosu

I am trying to build a .so library with cygwin gcc compiler.
Unfortunately I get the following error message:

/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/winsup/libcmain.cc:38: undefined
reference to 'WinMain@16'

What should I do?

Thank you in advance,

Dr. Radu Grosu

* RE: gcc -o
@ 1999-06-30 16:58 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-06-30 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Radu Grosu; +Cc: cygwin

an *.so library with *main*?  Fix the code.
By the way, building DLL instead of *.so is preferred on Windows.

* RE: gcc -o
@ 1999-06-30 22:10   ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Radu Grosu; +Cc: cygwin

an *.so library with *main*?  Fix the code.
By the way, building DLL instead of *.so is preferred on Windows.

* gcc -o
@ 1999-06-30 22:10 ` Radu Grosu

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grosu; +Cc: Cygwin

> Do you know if the DLL libraries may be linked to java? I am
> trying to link
> java to c via the native code interface. I suceeded under unix
> but I wanted to
> port it to windows. This was the reason I was trying to create the above
> libraries.

Yes they can be linked to DLl, by linked to libxx.a (the place holder libs).
I do not know much of Java and I am not sure about Java support in Cygwin.
Therefore I am forwarding your message to Cygwin mailing list. someone
who knows more about java support in Cygwin may help you.

Suhaib

> Suhaib M. Siddiqi wrote:
>
> > Ok, Thanks.
> >
> > But you need to read how to create Dlls.  Shareed objects (*.so)
> > is not a standard thing on Windows and you may run into troubles.
> > I do not have time to go step by step into this procedure.
> > It requires a knowledge of C/C++ programming and a basic understanding
> > of generating a code which can generated exported symbols.
> >
> > There is plenty of info about DLLs on sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin
> > mail archive.
> >
> > Suhaib

* gcc -o
@ 1999-06-30 22:10 ` Radu Grosu
From: Radu Grosu @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Sorry for bothering you again, but I think the error message:

  /home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/winsup/libcmain.cc:38: undefined
  reference to 'WinMain@16'

is due to a problem with the cygwin gcc. It seems to me that the
librarian is trying to locate a directory for windows support called
winsup that doesn't exist on my machine. I get this error with whatever
object file I am calling gcc -o.

With best regards,

radu

* gcc -o