* GCC 2.95 - mingw32
@ 1999-09-20 11:26 Alain CULOS
From: Alain CULOS @ 1999-09-20 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi All,

[[[[   Please BCC replies to Alain -dot- Culos -at- bigfoot -dot-
com   ]]]]

I tried to use gcc.2-95 mingw32 version, but got the following error
messages :

6 -> gcc tex/cal_coef.c
cpp: unrecognized option `-remap'
cpp: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': Arg list too long

The line that says [...remap] was repeated exactly 45 times.
Both with GCC_EXEC_PREFIX defined as described in the docs and without
(very same output).
Tried this on the simplest of programs only to get the same result.
I'm running w95 on a Pentium Pro, mount text,

7 -> gcc -v
Using builtin specs.
gcc version 2.95 19990728 (release)

I'd love to know if anyone has an answer to that one - must be a
terribly simple thing I did not do right.

[[[[   Please BCC replies to Alain -dot- Culos -at- bigfoot -dot-
com   ]]]]

Best regards,
Alain.

* Re: GCC 2.95 - mingw32
@ 1999-09-20 11:45 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-09-20 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Alain CULOS <ZAlain.Culos@bigfoot.com> writes:
> I tried to use gcc.2-95 mingw32 version, but got the following error
> messages :
>
> 6 -> gcc tex/cal_coef.c
> cpp: unrecognized option `-remap'
> cpp: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': Arg list too long
>
> The line that says [...remap] was repeated exactly 45 times.
> Both with GCC_EXEC_PREFIX defined as described in the docs and without
> (very same output).
> Tried this on the simplest of programs only to get the same result.
> I'm running w95 on a Pentium Pro, mount text,
>
> 7 -> gcc -v
> Using builtin specs.
> gcc version 2.95 19990728 (release)
>
> I'd love to know if anyone has an answer to that one - must be a
> terribly simple thing I did not do right.

First of all, check my web page to see if this is a known problem and
if so, if there is a fix for it.

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/gcc.html#gcc295-fixes

Where and how did you install it? Do you have GNAT installed? What about
other environment variables?

Regards,
Mumit

* GCC 2.95 - mingw32
@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Alain CULOS
From: Alain CULOS @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` Alain CULOS
From: Alain CULOS @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Mumit Khan wrote:

> Alain CULOS <ZAlain.Culos@bigfoot.com> writes:
> > cpp: unrecognized option `-remap'

<snip>

> > I'd love to know if anyone has an answer to that one - must be a
> > terribly simple thing I did not do right.
>
> First of all, check my web page to see if this is a known problem and
> if so, if there is a fix for it.
>
> http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/gcc.html#gcc295-fixes

OK, sorry I did not read that first. Apologies, as I ususally do read this type
of information.

> Where and how did you install it? Do you have GNAT installed? What about
> other environment variables?

Yes I have GNAT installed and that was the problem, now solved.

Best regards and thanks for your simple and efficient help,
Alain.

* Re: GCC 2.95 - mingw32
       [not found] <199909201843.NAA04666@mercury.xraylith.wisc.edu>
@ 1999-09-23 11:16 ` Alain CULOS