* Corss platform Compiler problems
@ 1999-09-14  2:32 MR. S.CHANDER
From: MR. S.CHANDER @ 1999-09-14  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin AT sourceware.cygnus.com

Hi,
        This is a quick question,
Is there any reason why my code would
work with cygwin (using Mumit's compile of gcc2.95)
and not with a older verison egcs 1.0.3, or
even with the newest 2.95.1.
I have compiled the code on Cygwin and it works fine
I then compile the code using either of the two compiler mentioned
and I get a buss error with older one and segmentation fault
with 2.95.1

Any Ideas ?????
(I don't see why it should be my code??)

Cheers
Satpal

* Re: Corss platform Compiler problems
@ 1999-09-14 13:23 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-09-14 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schander; +Cc: cygwin AT sourceware.cygnus.com

"MR. S.CHANDER" <c9502007@hud.ac.uk> writes:
> Hi,
>         This is a quick question,
> Is there any reason why my code would
> work with cygwin (using Mumit's compile of gcc2.95)
> and not with a older verison egcs 1.0.3, or
> even with the newest 2.95.1.
> I have compiled the code on Cygwin and it works fine
> I then compile the code using either of the two compiler mentioned
> and I get a buss error with older one and segmentation fault
> with 2.95.1

I'm quite confused as to what you're trying to say above, other than
the fact that your code is not doing what you expect it to do.

As for problem with your code dying, I recommend a debugger session
at the very least before asking for help. Is there a reason why you
don't/can't use a debugger?

> Any Ideas ?????
> (I don't see why it should be my code??)

Sorry, but given the information you have provided, I see no reason why
it *shouldn't* be your code.

Regards,
Mumit

* Re: Corss platform Compiler problems