* strtoll() and strtoull()
@ 1999-09-30  7:06 Juergen Schoenwaelder
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder @ 1999-09-30  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Is there any reason why strtoll() and strtoull() are missing in the
cygwin libraries?

/js

Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL: http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/ >

* Re: strtoll() and strtoull()
@ 1999-09-30 10:05 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-09-30 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Schoenwaelder; +Cc: cygwin

Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> writes:

> Is there any reason why strtoll() and strtoull() are missing in the
> cygwin libraries?

If you're referring to ANSI/ISO standard strtol and strtoul functions,
they're indeed part of Cygwin as they're part of *any* C runtime that
implements ANSI/ISO C standard.

If you do mean strtoll/strtoull (ie., *two* l's at the end), these are
not in any standard I know of. If the two 'l's at the end refer to the
long long version, those are non-standard and newlib doesn't implement
it. Newlib maintainers will accept patches of course.

Regards,
Mumit

* strtoll() and strtoull()
@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Juergen Schoenwaelder
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Schoenwaelder; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-10-01  1:08   ` Juergen Schoenwaelder
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder @ 1999-10-01  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khan; +Cc: cygwin

Mumit> If you do mean strtoll/strtoull (ie., *two* l's at the end),
Mumit> these are not in any standard I know of. If the two 'l's at the
Mumit> end refer to the long long version, those are non-standard and
Mumit> newlib doesn't implement it. Newlib maintainers will accept
Mumit> patches of course.

Of course, I mean strtoll/strtoull. And they are at least very close
to standard. Besides that, they make a whole lot of sense since the
gcc supports long long and friends.

Anyway, is it legal to simply copy the implementation of strtoll() and
strtoull() from glibc? Or do you have to implement it from scratch for
some reason?

@ 1999-10-01  5:02     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-10-01  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Schoenwaelder; +Cc: khan, cygwin

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 10:07:57AM +0200, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

>Mumit> If you do mean strtoll/strtoull (ie., *two* l's at the end),
>Mumit> these are not in any standard I know of. If the two 'l's at the
>Mumit> end refer to the long long version, those are non-standard and
>Mumit> newlib doesn't implement it. Newlib maintainers will accept
>Mumit> patches of course.
>
>Of course, I mean strtoll/strtoull. And they are at least very close
>to standard. Besides that, they make a whole lot of sense since the
>gcc supports long long and friends.
>
>Anyway, is it legal to simply copy the implementation of strtoll() and
>strtoull() from glibc? Or do you have to implement it from scratch for
>some reason?

We can't use glibc routines in cygwin.  That's why we have newlib.

-Chris Faylor
-Cygwin Manager
-Cygnus Solutions

* Re: strtoll() and strtoull()