* RE: bz2 file type ?
       [not found] <000101bef595$e03bf2f0$310b1bac@sebastiena.prima.ca>
@ 1999-09-02 17:08 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-09-02 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Auclair, cygwin

You are downloading file with NETSCAPE.
It should read -ddd-3.1.4.tar.gz.  You simply have to rename the files.
Netscape on Windows is known to screw up the extensions, particularly
if it has too many periods like the file for UNIX.
If you are so new to Cygwin stuff, I suggest you do some reading first,
please.  Subscribe to cygwin mailing list and answer questions there.

Suhaib

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Suhaib M. Siddiqi <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
Date: 02-Sep-99
Time: 20:04:58

* RE: bz2 file type ?
@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Auclair, cygwin

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Suhaib M. Siddiqi <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
Date: 02-Sep-99
Time: 20:04:58

* RE: bz2 file type ?
@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Philpott, Tammie N
From: Philpott, Tammie N @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com', 'sebastia@prima.ca'

Just FYI -

You use bzip2 to uncompress files with a .bz2 extension. The web page for
bzip2 can be found at:

http://www.bzip2.org/

Thanks,
Tammie N. Philpott
OCR  Infrastructure Team
Postal Systems, Lockheed Martin Federal Systems
Voice: (607)751-7492
Fax: (607)751-3621

> On 02-Sep-99 Sebastien Auclair wrote:
> > B) bz2 ... I was only asking which application do you use to decompress
> > these type of files ... (Because there are some...)
> >
> > Thanks !
> >

> --

* RE: bz2 file type ?
@ 1999-09-02 17:24 Philpott, Tammie N