* RE: Network question.
@ 1999-09-16  4:01 Erik Hensema
From: Erik Hensema @ 1999-09-16  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNUWin32

Usually, NT needs to be rebooted to activate a changed IP. Maybe this is all
you need to do?

* Re: Network question.
@ 1999-09-16  6:25 ` Jens Yllman
From: Jens Yllman @ 1999-09-16  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Hensema; +Cc: GNUWin32

 Nooop, Win NT is not needed to reboot if you just change
ipaddress/Subnetmask/defaultgatway/nameserver/hostname/domain. And if
you just change the ipadress in the regestry and reboot the control
panel->network will not show any ipadress at all. So after changing the
values some binding data or something need to be updated. But I can not
find how to do that. *sigh*

 Jens Yllman

Erik Hensema wrote:

> [...]

* RE: Network question.
@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Erik Hensema
From: Erik Hensema @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` Jens Yllman
From: Jens Yllman @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Hensema; +Cc: GNUWin32

Erik Hensema wrote:

> [...]

* Network question.
@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Jens Yllman
From: Jens Yllman @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNUWin32

 Hi,

 I know this is not a question for this mailinglist. But I've tried the
'right' channels without success. So I just give it a shot here.

 What I would like to do is to set up IP address/default gateway/DNS/...
from my own program. As do the 'control panel->network'. I know where in
the regestry all the information is stored. But I don't know the last
step to make it active. This is probably something that everybody
writing device drivers know. Especially Network device drivers. I've
tried to read the Windows DDK part of MSDN library. But I can not find
anything. And when I look at NCPA.CPL, the module representing 'control
panel->network', it uses DLL files not included in the MSDN library.

 So I hope someone here knows. There must be a way.

 Jens Yllman

* Network question.
@ 1999-09-16  3:33 Jens Yllman